HB 191 Strret Racing Law, being debated today

GonneVille

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this law will make that happen, I approve!

Haha, me too. I don't cut the exhaust off my bike, then go WOT at redline past their house at 10:00pm so why would they do it to me? If only I knew where they lived...

Guest tbutera2112
Also if this law passes I will be selling my car for sure. I drive kinda fast and silly all the time.

yea if this passes i will be going to a FULL drag setup with mine

"Provides that any person who purchases nitrous oxide at retail in Ohio who uses nitrous oxide in a motor vehicle that the person operates on a public road, street, or highway in Ohio is guilty of falsification, a misdemeanor of the first degree."

At least for part of this, you guys that use nitrous have missed the hole in the law that is the obvious way to get around it. ... let a friend that does not have nitrous buy it for you then they can't use "falsification" as a charge if you are stopped. It specifically says "retail" sale ... so it you by it from a friend it's not.

yea if this passes i will be going to a FULL drag setup with mine

Bullshit........

I'm not gonna let some pissed off mom and dad ruin what I love to do, which is just drive my car around, and spend time with my friends. Not street race. They should feel lucky their daughter is still alive. Street racing has been illegal, and going on all over this country for over 50 years, this bill is not going to make it go away. Period.

Having said that, I'm all for the bill with modifications that dont give a cop having a bad day reason to try and make my life harder than it already is.

Bottom line is they need to rewrite it. Im for it as well, but the way its written is bullshit. If they dont change it some cop could take the grocery getter of some single mom thats late for work. I know thats the extreme case but its possible. More than likely it will be people like me charged with bs thats not even true.

"Provides that any person who purchases nitrous oxide at retail in Ohio who uses nitrous oxide in a motor vehicle that the person operates on a public road, street, or highway in Ohio is guilty of falsification, a misdemeanor of the first degree."

At least for part of this, you guys that use nitrous have missed the hole in the law that is the obvious way to get around it. ... let a friend that does not have nitrous buy it for you then they can't use "falsification" as a charge if you are stopped. It specifically says "retail" sale ... so it you by it from a friend it's not.

thats what EBAY is for ,bet that makes the price of it go up well second hand,here's my take on that as well.. hide the shit.dont let them see it on your car ,honestly how many cops actually know what they are looking at,alot of them like cars ,if you do something stupid and get caught,keep your kool.

I think this is all the more reason people should vote,I dont have a bike, but I have had nitrous on a car or two,and I do have a pretty fast car ,and I love to drive fast and have fun,cought /cought...you know what I meant,do it in moderation and you must use common sense. guess not getting caught is the key! bike car whatever you like to enjoy,we must all bann together and keep this from happening!

Bullshit........

I'm not gonna let some pissed off mom and dad ruin what I love to do, which is just drive my car around, and spend time with my friends. Not street race. They should feel lucky their daughter is still alive. Street racing has been illegal, and going on all over this country for over 50 years, this bill is not going to make it go away. Period.

Having said that, I'm all for the bill with modifications that dont give a cop having a bad day reason to try and make my life harder than it already is.

+110% That right its been happening for longer then that,not saying its a thing to do,who has not done it!hell Ive had cops (off duty) race me,back in the days when I was a youngin,we street raced every weekend ,we had assigned places out of the way Not on some interstate...we lived for that!

now im older and wiser and way more lives at stake on the highways,so I go to the track, again bottom line get off your asses and vote do something,this is our hobbie/love what to protect what you have work at it! I am an ex marine I love this country and have fought to defend her,damn if I letting some bone head mess it up for ME! so stop fighting among yourselfs and get the common enemy taken care of!

You mean more than the current number who abuse the Law now? I see Cops do illegal things all the time for no reason other than that no one questions them.

guess thats what those camera phones are for right!

nothing better tells the truth then caught on film @ 11.

guess thats what those camera phones are for right!

nothing better tells the truth then caught on film @ 11.

Screw that! I'll pick up a cheap used HD Camera of eBay or something like that so you can clearly the person driving. :D I still wish I had a video of when a Cop was doing repeated ricer fly-bys past me (I stopped paying attention to him after the 4th time in a one mile stretch :rolleyes: ), it would have been GOLD.

Bullshit........

I'm not gonna let some pissed off mom and dad ruin what I love to do, which is just drive my car around, and spend time with my friends. Not street race. They should feel lucky their daughter is still alive.

Wow.......I wasn't going to get involved in a post like this, but are you serious?

Sorry man but what an ignorant comment. Nobody is stopping what you love to do......"which is just drive my car around, and spend time with my friends". What they are saying is use some damn sense when driving and drive with due regard! Don't drive like a jack ass.

I can't even find the right words to describe how much your first and last statements piss me off. God forbid you ever find yourself in their situtation.......Get a grip on reality man. "They should feel lucky their daughter is still alive".....like someone did them and her a big favor!

Because acouple ignorant assholes decided to act carelessly on a public roadway this woman spent 6 months in ICU and will never live a normal life again!

Fuck people like that, sorry guys but so help me god, if i ever am faced with a situtation like this in my life dealing with a family member let alone a child.........I'd do everything possible to burn every motherfucker involved to the ground.

What a comment...........

Ignorant is them blaming street racing as the sole purpose when it actuality it was the drunk driving that was the driving force behind the incident. I don't a see a new bill increasing the penalties for what is now a slap on the wrist for a DUI.

Well.........every law needs updated hopefully that one is next. To say accidents only happen while driving recklessly drunk and racing is not usually a factor is also ignorant.

But actually racing was the driving force....alcohol was just as much to blame as was the need to race on a highway. It's no different than the cowardish act of a person wanting to off themselves and takes innocent family members with them.

What was proven?