Any garage knowledgable people here?

Bam

The other day I went out to my garage, used the keypad to open it like normal, got what I wanted, and went to close it on the keypad and no dice. The button on the wall works fine though.

Also, I tried my garage door opener today and it worked a couple times, but then now it won't work at all.

So yeah, any ideas? I changed the batteries in the remotes and tried to set a new code for the keypad, but it still doesn't work.

The INSIDE button ALWAYS WORKS though, so I have a feeling there is a connection issue, something wireless. I cannot trace any wires to the keypad unit, so maybe its wireless too?

Any help appreciated.

Everything is less than 3 years old, but was done by the previous owner just before I bought the place.

Theres usually a button on the unit itself that you need to press to allow new keypads. For whatever reason it may just need to be re-added. Check your manual, or get online.

Correct. Google the directions for resetting. I will more than likely involve a ladder and some sequence of buttons and lights flashing. It's easier to have a helper with you.

Are you guys saying re-adding a keypad like its the same thing as changing the password on the keypad? because if so there is a "learn" button on the actual garage door motor thing and I followed the directions on how to do that, and it includes pressing buttons, and flashing lights.

If we're not talking about the same thing then I will go check it out again tomorrow when its light out and see if I see any directions as to resetting the openers/pad to the actual unit.

Thanks

typically there is a clearing and re-adding button on the opener. The keypad is probably wireless and probably has a dead battery too.

I took the opener apart to replace the battery and there are no switches/buttons other than the 3 for the 3 buttons for the doors.

Ok I reset both the openers and possibly the key pad. They all work EVERY TIME when I hold them close (1-3ft) to the actual motor unit of the garage door, but much past that they are iffy, almost like they dont have the range anymore?

I used to be able to open my garage door while driving down the street (maybe 4 houses away) so that when I pulled in my driveway I didn't even have to stop to park in the garage. Now I can't even open it unless standing in the garage.

Any ideas?