MiniVan Tire Recommendations

TTQ B4U

Time is coming for new Rubber on the van. Stock she rides on Michelin Energy LX4's in size 235/60/17. OE's have been good. No complaints outside perhaps not the very best in snow, but then I'm not the full time driver and am used to snow tires on my cars.

Anyway, looking at replacements, here's what I've narrowed down to on TireRack comparisons. Would like your input on these and others if you've had good luck with a particular brand/model.

Goodyear Assurance ComforTred

$132.00

from what I've seen are the best so far in terms of performance and value.

Goodyear Eagle LS

$139.00

Michelin Energy LX4 (Original Equipment and on there now)

$148.00

Again, good for OE's and if I stay with them, I can get away with buying two and putting the news on es on the back and rotating the rears forward.

If I go with the others, I'll likely buy all four so the initial investment is a bit more.

Thanks for any input.

if it had the Michelin's on it, IMO stay with them.

their are some lesser named tires out , that are comparable, and cost less.

+1000

Never had many happy Goodyear customers. Michelins are about the best thing out there for most apps, you may look at something in a BFG but I doubt you'd save much.

i'd go lx4's...i do have 4 in stock and am sure I can beat tire racks price..lemme know

Thanks man! :thumbup: I knew you'd check in. I work just down the street from your place, so I'll likely stop in on Monday or Tuesday.

I think Michelin's are over rated and become noisy too soon in their life. Just thought I would toss that out there. I would also not stick with the OE tires since most manufacturers put good name tires on their vehicles, but choose to put ones on that have the least tread wear rating therefore giving it poor performance in conditions in other than dry conditions, and not as long of a life as other tires.

That is my personal experience.

If I had to pick b/w the 3 I would pick the Comfortred's...

Whatever you do Tim, shop around. I bought a tire at NTB off sawmill for my brothers Expedition, he suggested we drive down to Tire Kingdom to get a better deal, one phone call later and we get 20$ knocked off the price. Im an idiot for not shopping around and maybe busting some balls of the service writer to get me a better price.

Whatever you do Tim, shop around. I bought a tire at NTB off sawmill for my brothers Expedition, he suggested we drive down to Tire Kingdom to get a better deal, one phone call later and we get 20$ knocked off the price. Im an idiot for not shopping around and maybe busting some balls of the service writer to get me a better price.

how long ago? ntb and tire kingdom have been the same company for quite a few years now. not to discourage shopping around, you can ask many c.r. members, i'm the first to tell them when I cant get them the best deal on certain tires.

Maybe it's me, but I feel like those tire prices are high?

slightly odd size when trying to fit a minivan. reason except for a couple recent minivans, then only thing that used that tire size was a chevy equinox(and its twins). people would excuse the noise and ride of a truck tire in an suv a little more than a van. so passenger rated car-type tires are a little harder to come by. also thats a decent amount of rubber, even your cheap ass junk kuhmos go for about 100 bux.

how long ago? ntb and tire kingdom have been the same company for quite a few years now. not to discourage shopping around, you can ask many c.r. members, i'm the first to tell them when I cant get them the best deal on certain tires.

Last wed. Im probably wrong in mentioning Tire Kingdom, maybe its called "Discount Tire" off sawmill right in from of sam's club/home depot? Either way, it was a competitor to NTB which was the point i was trying to make. I just kick myself for not being more selective, i bought 4 tires from that NTB location in the last 6months and kinda wonder how much i couldve saved if i had shopped a bit, oh well.