Bengals WR Chris Henry killed in car accident

LJ

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate hearing this. He was the player i was most looking forward to seeing make a comeback this year. He was playing great this year and was a huge lose to the offense when he broke his arm in a great catch. This is going to be really hard on the team. A lot of them had taken him under their wing. Read the player comments in the "Prayers for Henry" article on the Bengals site to get a better understanding of what he meant for the offense. RIP Chris.

Yea really sad to hear...I was hoping he would pull through when I got the text from ESPN i was like not again. I heard him and Carson were really tight so obviously the team liked him a lot. I am not a Bengals fan at all but this goes beyond sports.

That sucks. I'm not a big fan of his or anyone else that isn't grateful for the opportunities they get in life; you dig your own holes so I can’t say I feel bad for him. But it is sad to hear that many people lost a friend, teammate and that others have lost a family member that’s tuff… RIP

Do you always talk shit about people you don't actually know? I mean let's see the list of players you have personally got to know on personal level to make this statement.

I played college soccer for OSU and was a back up kicker/punter/holder/CB/SS/FS and have many special team appearances for the OSU football team 01-05. I have MANY friends that I know on a personal level that play in the NFL... Trust me, not too bright... But on the other hand there are few I have met and had the honor of playing with that are very, very intelligent... Mike Doss is a very good friend of mine that we played together and still hang out and I have much respect for this kid, as a friend and as a player... Being a Bengals fan this is very sad news for me. Chris Henry was a very good player, had some problems on and off the field, and I was hoping this is just a media hype and not that serious... Apparently this is not the case... RIP...

So, I was on SVTPerformance and came across this http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/658504-bengals-fans.html

I'm not sure why people think that it is fun to talk shit about people that have died, but these guys are ridiculous. The guy made some bad decisions in the past and the "internet detectives" are sure to come out and speculate, but give me a break. I'm not worried about people like Chris Henry. I'm worried about the douchebags that run their mouths about people that they have never met and their only source of info is the media.

Anyway, RIP Chris Henry. It's too bad that this had to happen. Kid seemed to be trying to straighten out his life.

So, I was on SVTPerformance and came across this http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/658504-bengals-fans.html

I'm not sure why people think that it is fun to talk shit about people that have died, but these guys are ridiculous. The guy made some bad decisions in the past and the "internet detectives" are sure to come out and speculate, but give me a break. I'm not worried about people like Chris Henry. I'm worried about the douchebags that run their mouths about people that they have never met and their only source of info is the media.

Anyway, RIP Chris Henry. It's too bad that this had to happen. Kid seemed to be trying to straighten out his life.

yea i agree with you as well. not going to read the thread. dont care to listen to a bunch of tools. you must be one pathetic, sick, and unhappy person to rip on a dead man.

here we go again...in 8 hours the story is going to change to him only having a few cuts and scrapes, and he will be released from the hospital...there will be rumors that his fiance tried to run him over with the truck, and then 5 million bitches will start saying that he fucked them while he was engaged to her....same shit, different celeb, even less level of care

Well done.

...but...

yea i agree with you as well. not going to read the thread. dont care to listen to a bunch of tools. you must be one pathetic, sick, and unhappy person to rip on a dead man.

Why must I be nice to the dead? Does dying change what you've done in your life? Does it give you a free pass? I don't get it...

Anyway, yea. It sucks when anyone else dies. RIP, Chris Henry. I wish it hadn't happened...it's a horrible thing....many families destroyed in this.....

But I'm going to be quite aggravated hearing about this for the next few weeks...as everyone waxes eloquently about how nice of a fella this guy was, how he was turning his life around, how blah blah blah

The guy was a fucking idiot. He was a train wreck.

Back to college, when Rich Rodriguez called him an embarrassment to the the university...and continuing throughout his NFL career.

Here's a 14 second google search result:

Henry was selected by the Bengals in the third round of the 2005 NFL draft and was arrested twice during his rookie season, for marijuana possession and on a weapons charge.

He received a two-game suspension from the NFL in 2006 and then was banned for the first half of the 2007 season for repeat violations of the league’s personal-conduct policy. Henry had been arrested for driving under the influence and also spent two days in jail for drinking in a hotel room with underage girls.

After his fifth arrest, Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge Bernie Bouchard said to Henry, “You’ve kind of become a one-man crime wave,” according to the Enquirer.

You can debate many of the charges above...you can debate the internet flooded with pictures of him and young women, drinking/whatever....but the sheer volume of bad press this guy has is hard to ignore.

Have you ever heard a press conference or interview with Chris Henry?

Oh. My. God.

I'd put money on him not being able to read a McDonald's menu.

And again, not that I don't have sympathy for the families involved...or say that you shouldn't pray for him, if you choose to...

It's horrible that at least 3 children (probably more) are going to grow up without a father. Well, probably horrible. . .

But lets not hear all the bullshit about how incredible a fella this was. You're joking yourself.

...there's my lack of empathy for the week

Why take the death of someone you dont know so personally that you search google and post a multiple paragraph response??? He was still at the beginning of his life and not everyone on this planet learns things the easy way.

Turning his life a round means in the process.... To be able to turn your life around you have to have made mistakes in the past. No one is saying he was a saint, they are saying its a shame he died before he got a chance to grow and become a better person. I take offense to your post for the sheer fact that you put all that time an energy into being negative (which you would think I should be used to since half the board does it). Yes the dude blew a chance that many would dream of. Yes he made dumb mistakes.. Its all over now.

RIP

All those charges I have had except for the weapons charge. All my charges came in just waves because of the stupid non-sense I had been putting myself into... basically just partying. I dont see myself as a bad person, hell I've never had a speeding ticket, But just cause someone gets to charges doesn't me they were a bad person. Means they were an idiot and didn't get it.

RIP Chris Henry

Ochocinco said he's wearing Henry's Jersey #15 Sunday, and he doesn't care how much Goodell fines him. Goodell will show he is a complete FAG if he fines him. The only thug in the NFL right now is Roger Goodell. It's clear to me Chris's teammates liked him, that's pretty clear to me, Palmer was said to be pretty close to him. Everyone has done shit in the past that was dumb, myself included, I've been yanked out of a car at gun point by officers. I'm pretty responsible now. Chris was growing up and had a family, if you have no empathy for his kids at the very least, you have no soul. This goes for anyone you hear that has died before their time, sports star or average Joe.