Seller with lien on bike?

Zorro

Ok, I went to the BMV today and this is what the lady there told me to do...

1. Get Power of Attorney - this is done by having us fill out a POA form and getting it notorized.

2. Have him call his lender (Yamaha) and have his address changed to mine.

3. Pay off lien (I'll do this over the phone via Credit Card).

4. When the title comes, take title and notorized POA form to Title office. I can get the title transferred in to my name WITHOUT his signature (because of POA).

5. Get plates.

6. Ride new (used) bike like a mofo. :)

Does anyone see a problem with this?

thanks in advance.

Sounds like your best option. I would go that route. then all your bases are covered. If he's not willing to do that then you know something fishy.

Sounds like your best option. I would go that route. then all your bases are covered. If he's not willing to do that then you know something fishy.

He's willing to do this. And instead of me driving to him to get the bike, he's driving to me. Thanks to everyone who commented.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I finally got the title to this bike...about 30 days after I attempted to pay it off. I ran in to some problems but the original plan worked well. The title was electronically sent to the BMV. I was told today that I would need two Power of Attorneys. One for getting a replacement title created and one for transferring it in my name. WTF!? This info was provided to me over the phone. So, I just went to the BMV today (a different one than I called). I got a replacement title printed and the title transferred to my name with one POA. I'm guessing as long as you do it all at the same time...you can do it with one POA. The lady made a copy of the POA for the second transaction. I guess that's good enough.

I took out the R6 for a little bit tonight after work. I'm used to my R1...I'll say that first. The R6 is stock everything practically. My R1 has slip-on microns, y-pipe, k/n air filter, and a pcIII. The word on the street about the 2005 R1 is that it is kinda sluggish between the 4k-7k RPM mark. I kinda agree with that.

Well, let me just say this...my 2006 R6 has NOTHING below 6k RPM. After 6k...especially 8k...it wants to take off. It's pretty fun to ride. The brakes don't seem as good as my R1's either. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with it. Hopefully with some exhaust mods, pcIII, air filter and a dyno tune day...that sluggish 6k RPM area is gone. With that being said...I don't plan on keeping it under 6k RPM very much.

Any other R6 riders agree with this sluggish low range?

I took out the R6 for a little bit tonight after work. I'm used to my R1...I'll say that first. The R6 is stock everything practically. My R1 has slip-on microns, y-pipe, k/n air filter, and a pcIII. The word on the street about the 2005 R1 is that it is kinda sluggish between the 4k-7k RPM mark. I kinda agree with that.

Well, let me just say this...my 2006 R6 has NOTHING below 6k RPM. After 6k...especially 8k...it wants to take off. It's pretty fun to ride. The brakes don't seem as good as my R1's either. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with it. Hopefully with some exhaust mods, pcIII, air filter and a dyno tune day...that sluggish 6k RPM area is gone. With that being said...I don't plan on keeping it under 6k RPM very much.

Any other R6 riders agree with this sluggish low range?

You mean to tell me there are RPMs below 7k?? :D