1000hp street fuel set-up

Cordell

Could someone explain how this works to me?:wtf: Where are you supposed to put this, and how does it hook up?

http://www.ls1turbo.com.au/images/silentdrive.jpg

SILENTDRIVE 1 is the single pump version of the system good for 480kw or 650hp of fuel flow, while SILENTDRIVE 2 is the twin pump version with over 700kw or 1000hp of fuel on demand. The good news is that at any time a SILENTDRIVE 1 can be converted to a SILENTDRIVE 2 with a simple changeover fitting kit which we can ship for $400

Some of the SILENTDRIVE fuel system advantages are:

- Thick wall cylindrical surge tank design

- Machined mounting base

- Walbro low-noise high-volume external fuel pumps

- Unique CNC Walbro mounting brackets (two on every tank)

- Twin 3/8th inch fuel feeds

- Drain plug on the bottom

- JIC High Pressure rated fittings

- Steel lines for extreme strength

- Easy single to twin pump conversion

- Twin feed lines to the engine

- SX Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

Guest Removed
You have a pump in your tank that circulates the surge tank.

Object is it not having to sump the stock tank or buy a custom fuel tank.

The unit pictured has the regulator before the fuel rails, that's always a bad idea

that is a setup you dead head into the rails. but i agree. i dont like regulator placement, but i bet it works.

that is a setup you dead head into the rails. but i agree. i dont like regulator placement, but i bet it works.

Your an idiot it would cause the world to explode.

As usual you dont now what your talking about!!!!!

Cordel is my man slave making this my thread. Stop shitting in my threads.

(i woke up in a weird mood and could not resist)

Could someone explain how this works to me?:wtf: Where are you supposed to put this, and how does it hook up?

Stop moding your car, if you are just talking about the general concept and physically where to put it.

Though I'm no fuel expert and I'm looking at the line routing and am having a hard time figuring it out... is that what you are talking about?

2 feed lines that are direct return

What's the point of the regulator? To regulate the pressure going into the surge tank from the in tank pump? Why would you even need to do that?

And then why would it need to be based off of the the difference from the lines going to the fuel rail and the tank?

it doesn't go in the tank. how would you adjust the regulator or run a vacuum/boost line to?

I think I figured it out. That's to adjust the pressure in the surge tank i.e. the pressure for the in tank pump. If you make it differential to the lines going out you always have constant pressure compared to the lines going out. So you would have constant pressure difference across the fuel pumps, so they can always 'work' the same.

You would still have pressure regulator(s) on the fuel line(s)/in the engine bay coming from those two outputs.

Guest Removed
Your an idiot it would cause the world to explode.

As usual you dont now what your talking about!!!!!

Cordel is my man slave making this my thread. Stop shitting in my threads.

(i woke up in a weird mood and could not resist)

been waiting..love you too

What's the point of the regulator? To regulate the pressure going into the surge tank from the in tank pump? Why would you even need to do that?

And then why would it need to be based off of the the difference from the lines going to the fuel rail and the tank?

your looking at it wrong..the lines are feeding the pressure side. whatever is not used, goes back to the regulator, and back to the surge tank. this is very similar to the 4th gen f body fuel system. just the regulator is right at the surge tank.

the line that feed the tank, goes into the tank. the pumps draw from the tank.

the 2 lines coming off the regulator are fed from the pumps. when the reg is not up to pressure, its forcing the fuel towards the rails., once up to pressure, the unused fuel goes in the regulator, and back into the surge tank. alot of honda guys have been using a similar setup.

IMO, using that regulator for a higher setting would be best. lets say 70psi, and run another regulator after the rails(dead head the lines into it) to set for your target FP at say 60psi, and return that fuel to the oe tank.

but what they are doing with this setup, is using the stock f body intank regulator to keep the surge tank full, once it is full, the stock reg will just dump access fuel back into the stock tank leaving the surge tank full.

get it now?

your looking at it wrong..the lines are feeding the pressure side. whatever is not used, goes back to the regulator, and back to the surge tank. this is very similar to the 4th gen f body fuel system. just the regulator is right at the surge tank.

the line that feed the tank, goes into the tank. the pumps draw from the tank.

the 2 lines coming off the regulator are fed from the pumps. when the reg is not up to pressure, its forcing the fuel towards the rails., once up to pressure, the unused fuel goes in the regulator, and back into the surge tank. alot of honda guys have been using a similar setup.

IMO, using that regulator for a higher setting would be best. lets say 70psi, and run another regulator after the rails(dead head the lines into it) to set for your target FP at say 60psi, and return that fuel to the oe tank.

but what they are doing with this setup, is using the stock f body intank regulator to keep the surge tank full, once it is full, the stock reg will just dump access fuel back into the stock tank leaving the surge tank full.

get it now?

I think I get it now, I was looking at it backwards and upside down. I think I could find better options for $2k. :eek:

Guest Removed
I think I get it now, I was looking at it backwards and upside down. I think I could find better options for $2k. :eek:

for sure.

i know those pumps arent cheap, but still. IMO, a cheaper setup would be best. hell 2 of those pump and y's. some braided hose, rails and a regulator, you would be golden.

IIRC, those 2 pumps in the rear of a car are good to 800hp

damn 2k? Yea i think i would have to go with what rob said. What pump are you running now scott?

This was just something I was looking at and didn't realize how it worked from the picture. It isn't worth the money at all.

I have a Walbro 255 in the car now, and will be doing a few things but thats all I'll ever need for the engine.