Rest in Peace, my little buddy

TheHaze

Forgive me, as I have no composure, but I need some moral support right now. My 17 year old yellow lab mut is being put to sleep right now. He is the kindest dog I've ever met and I'm balling like a child right now over this. He went out to pee yesterday, wagging his tail and all, but when he came inside he started throwing up white foam. He can't hold down water or food now and I think he's showing signs of bloat. He's too weak for meds and it seems nothing can be done. He yelped all through the night and I can't bare to see him like this any longer.

My mother is driving him to the vet right now to be put down. He squirmed and cried all night but just moments before I carried him to his favorite seat in my mom's car, he calmed down. I've never seen him so relaxed before. I wrapped him in the same pink towel that I held him for the first time in when we first adopted him 17 years ago. I held him there for a moment and kissed his soft furry cheek and said goodbye and thanked him for being my buddy for so long. Here's to you, M.J.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs244.snc1/9132_558114128157_50605852_32766995_7271399_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v332/181/53/50605852/n50605852_31754970_9583.jpg

Prayers to you and yours. Almost to the moment one year ago, I was rushing our Jasmine to the vet. We all just toasted to her a few minutes ago. I only wish we had such a long time with her. 17 years is amazing. Especially for a medium to larger dog.

Hang in there. If you need any photos scanned and fixed, enlarged, etc....just PM me. I'll stop by and take care of them for you.

Tim

Thanks fellas. My mother came home and hugged me. She said he went without any struggle, crying or anxiety. I'm not sure why I didn't go but my mom held him while he went and it's reassuring to know he was in good company.

I can't believe he lived so long and had nearly zero health issues his entire time on earth.

Thanks so much, guys.

My wife always says our dogs will live for another 19 years whenever we talk about how much it will suck when our first dog passes. According to her, 19 years from any day is when ours will go.

It is truly a horrible thought to think about. I can only imagine what you are going through.

Sorry to hear this, best wishes to you in your grieving process.

I had to put my boy Dexter down in May of 2008. One of the hardest things I've ever done; he was an 18 year old, black lab/sheppard mix.

It's hard, but they do tell you when it is their time. Take solice knowing that you did the right thing for your pup, and he knew it was his time. A lot of times their health will just take a nose dive; my Dexter's did the last couple of months, and I think I selfishly kept him going a little longer than I should have.

It's hard, and your story teared me up a bit. It's hard, and will continue to be hard, but day by day it gets a little easier.

Thank you, to all of you. My eyes are so dried up right now from crying so much yesterday. I'm incredibly satisfied with his last day and I'm just so at peace knowing that he lived such a happy life and made my life so much happier. I'll miss his licks and greeting me at the door every day but he let me know that his time was complete.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs166.snc3/19333_565973013887_50605852_32999875_7179720_n.jpg

Dude im so sorry to hear, We are so close to our animals too so I know how it feels to lose one of them. In 04 I lost my cat that I had for 15 years and I cryed so much because he looked to be in so much pain. We let him go natural which I somewhat reget now. I wish the best for you , just remember animals also know how much you love them, im sure he had a great life.