New to CR

RC K9

Thanks for the kind welcome Gents, (and ladies if applicable.) Try to keep the car clean. These things get bad reps because kids make all this HP and don't properly maintain them so of course they break, first few hundred bucks was spent on new front calipers, hawk hps pads in the front, new OEM ceramics in the back, all new rotors, and stainless steel lines all around, as well as new front CV shafts, redline in the trans and rear dif, and a detailed wash and wax. Still need to do suspension and bushings, but I figure I am at the point right now where a few bolt-ons here and there won't hurt. :)
  • Upvote 1

Way to give the car what it deserves! I hate seeing these cars go to young kids who fucking hack the shit out of them. This kid up the street from me 18 years old, found a mint mint mint low mile 1g awd, could not work on it himself, always asking stupid questions about how to make it faster, he destroyed it, poor car. A car this clean and stock will fetch a decent amount in a community infested with ratshit dsm's. Is this car 100% salt free and not driven in the winter time? Welcome to columbus racing.

Not sure if it was salt/winter free before before I bought it this spring, (well it being the new year, I guess it would be last spring) but it is salt winter free for now! Sitting in my garage! It is clean. No rust on the outside. 136K on the body, JDM engine so I am not sure how many actual miles are on the motor but she runs strong. 14b turbo with no shaft play. She is a beauty. I paid $2800 for it, may be a little high, but couldn't help it...so pretty and like you said, most in this area are garbage that kids destroy. Forgot to mention above, also put a set of Good Year Eagle GT's on it shortly after I bought her.

Not sure if it was salt/winter free before before I bought it this spring, (well it being the new year, I guess it would be last spring) but it is salt winter free for now! Sitting in my garage! It is clean. No rust on the outside. 136K on the body, JDM engine so I am not sure how many actual miles are on the motor but she runs strong. 14b turbo with no shaft play. She is a beauty. I paid $2800 for it, may be a little high, but couldn't help it...so pretty and like you said, most in this area are garbage that kids destroy. Forgot to mention above, also put a set of Good Year Eagle GT's on it shortly after I bought her.

yeah a good way to tell, is underthe hood if brackets and bolts have rust then its was prolly driven, I am just so anal about salt and rust it freaks me out. Either way 2800 seems decent for that clean car. I am looking for a 1g awd again for a daily but im going to go south and find one.

Don't get me wrong, these things are a blast in the about 5 inches of snow, but I just can't bring myself to put a car this old in that situation...hoping to get a newer soob one of these days that I can thrash in the winter time. I love getting sideways when I can.

Thanks for the kind welcome Gents, (and ladies if applicable.) Try to keep the car clean. These things get bad reps because kids make all this HP and don't properly maintain them so of course they break, first few hundred bucks was spent on new front calipers, hawk hps pads in the front, new OEM ceramics in the back, all new rotors, and stainless steel lines all around, as well as new front CV shafts, redline in the trans and rear dif, and a detailed wash and wax. Still need to do suspension and bushings, but I figure I am at the point right now where a few bolt-ons here and there won't hurt. :)

As soon as I read this I gave you rep. You are the kind of person that we welcome in the DSM community. Hope to see you at some meets this year :)

Don't get me wrong, these things are a blast in the about 5 inches of snow, but I just can't bring myself to put a car this old in that situation...hoping to get a newer soob one of these days that I can thrash in the winter time. I love getting sideways when I can.

Yeah they are fun in the snow, my old trashy awd talon was great daily, looked decent and drove well in snow!

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/68/l_ad1ab3f7ff324793b7c59b76747a1a49.jpg

]

trim needs cleaned up a bit, and a few coats of paint. gutter is sagging just a bit, but other than that--clean house. welcome

trim needs cleaned up a bit, and a few coats of paint. gutter is sagging just a bit, but other than that--clean house. welcome

I was looking at the car at first too! lol

Welcome to CR!

Trim needs cleaned up a lot-a-bit. Needs new windows (should be installed in about 3-4 weeks), and yes, gutters all need replaced among other internal things. Now you understand why the car is stock. As I get older, I have to spend my money on crap I need instead of crap I want. Just the way life goes I guess.

Trim needs cleaned up a lot-a-bit. Needs new windows (should be installed in about 3-4 weeks), and yes, gutters all need replaced among other internal things. Now you understand why the car is stock. As I get older, I have to spend my money on crap I need instead of crap I want. Just the way life goes I guess.

i'm assuming you don't have kids--they will take all your car modding money