Audi makes the best cars

rl

I have 130k on my car NO, (knocks on wood) major issues out side of wheel bearings and regular maintence. Ill buy another quattro once this one is on its way out.

And servicing Audi's, is no more difficult then servicing any other brand.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 130k on my car NO, (knocks on wood) major issues out side of wheel bearings and regular maintence. Ill buy another quattro once this one is on its way out.

And servicing Audi's, is no more difficult then servicing any other brand.

Really? Having to unbolt a panel just to access the CANISTER oil filter (that requires a $60 tool to drain it if you want to do it correctly + expensive ass filter) != same as servicing any other brand. And oil changes are THE most basic servicing a car can have.

Really? Having to unbolt a panel just to access the CANISTER oil filter (that requires a $60 tool to drain it if you want to do it correctly + expensive ass filter) != same as servicing any other brand. And oil changes are THE most basic servicing a car can have.

http://canuckjihad.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/crybaby.png?w=300&h=425

Think of it this way.

You can either have this for a cellphone:

http://legacy.aolsvc.aol.com/PromoArt/OldCellPhone200jve.jpg.242339.1.jpeg

or you can have an iphone, but then bitch because you cant fit a normal size screwdriver in it for maintenance.

A large majority of new cars have this same canister style oil filter configuration, at the same costs, Audi is not exclusive to this, nor rare.

There are specialty tools that are needed with many cars, Germans do though typically require a little more unfortunately. Where are you buying the filter? Try international auto parts on Westerville road.

My dads B6 S4 had the filter on the top of the engine, so does my GTI. They eliminated the need to remove the shield to change the oil on the 08.5+ VW's. I assume they did the same thing for Audi as well since most engines are shared.

Removing and installing the shield takes an extra 5 minutes, if that. Also, you don't need the drain tool, but it helps.

Yeah, I remember when the assholes at toyota thought it would be a good idea to go that route (cannister filter). A normal 3 minute oil change turned into a 10 minute messy PITA. Stupid toyota. Not that the 6-cylinder toyotas were ever clean and fun to change oil on.

Yeah, I remember when the assholes at toyota thought it would be a good idea to go that route (cannister filter). A normal 3 minute oil change turned into a 10 minute messy PITA. Stupid toyota. Not that the 6-cylinder toyotas were ever clean and fun to change oil on.

I'd take that over the dumbass filter-under-exhaust-manifold-burn-fest anyday. Pisses me off just thinking about doing an oil change on a V6 toyota

I love the excuses. It isn't 1955 anymore - they have been making spin-on oil filters for a LONG, LONG time.

There is no reason to have to remove an access panel to change a freaking oil filter either. Period. Maybe in an off-road vehicle that needs protection in that area, but that's about it.

Seeing the awesome design of how you have to pull the factory head unit, or the ass-backwards way of how the factory Sirius tuner is mounted in my wife's car, the extra work needed to replace A FUCKING TAIL LIGHT BULB - you know, a common wear item, I can only imagine what other fun things the Germans thought of to make her Audi a PITA to work on.

They may be niffty cars, but they sure as hell aren't as easy to work on as the Japanese and Domestics I've messed with, including routine maintenance items.

I'll sell it to ya, buy S4 skidplate get a free VR-4 bumper! Yeah, I'm not sure anyone knows for sure why certain new cars are made to be hard to work on, but it's suspicious if you ask me. I just don't think they want anyone working on them anymore. What a bunch of assholes.

That thing is there for a reason....

To bring audi some extra revenue whenever someone rips theirs off?

To make things difficult when trying to do an oil change?

Noise reduction?

oil pan protection?

aerodynamics?

Dont care for any of those reasons

Pulled it apart, cleaned it, put it back together. Runs great again! It's got more power than it ever has since we've owned it.

Not a bad job, about 3 hours, mostly in cleaning.

No, just a revised PCV, it will get seafoamed with oil changes which will prevent it.

I just used carb cleaner, wire brushes, air, and a shop vac. Cleaning the runner control flaps and port dividers helped to, I'm sure. Make sure the valves on that cylinder are shut before cleaning. :)

Yeah a BK6000 brandon :)

pento 5w-40 every 7k.

I think thats the problem, 7k is way to many miles between oil changes under severe driving conditions. I know they say it can go 6k or whatever but I personally change the oil every 2500-3k on my 1.8t with full synthetic to prevent these problems.

I think thats the problem, 7k is way to many miles between oil changes under severe driving conditions. I know they say it can go 6k or whatever but I personally change the oil every 2500-3k on my 1.8t with full synthetic to prevent these problems.

5k here on my purchase car. 10k per manual in my wifes leased Rabbit.