Currently have WOW, however Insight just...

tried to dry hump me to switch to their service.

I never give these door-to-door sales guys the 30 seconds it takes to tell them NO! However this guy pimping Insight Cable/Road Runner internet service just got me thinking. Anyone have Insight/road runner, you happy? They can save me close to $45 per month for more channels, faster internets blah blah blah, price promised for a year, only 5 increase next year. So do i make the switch, and or call WOW and have them start working some magic? with wow's latest price increase it isnt nearly as affordable as it was. this guy's job is to sell me insight service. can someone sell me why i should keep what i have?

$130 with wow, $85 for insight?

Nitrousbird-what do i do?

tom

I am currently with insight and have been discussing switching to wow with nitrousbird. We have an audio issue that insight cannot fix. The prices are similar(cheaper with insight) however I am being told my internet speds will increase dramatically by switching.

I have insight in reynoldsburg an I have 0 issues. I would say swwitch just from my personal experience with insight. I had wow come to door to door sales an were very persistant asked them if they could do 50 a month for all that they said no an told them thanks an have a good day.

I have Insight. I have no problems with their RR service. I hate their cable service. The HD DVR box sucks ass. It hangs/freezes often. The picture/sound cuts in/out at least once during every show that I watch.

I've had the box replaced a few times now. They can't find anything wrong with the signal coming in to the house. I'm working on getting things together to switch to either Directv or Dish (my only options).

I've had Insight for 6 years personally and at my parents' house since it was called Coaxial.

I've personally never had a problem with it, but for some reason their signal is very sensitive to the wiring in your house. My parents' were having issues with picture quality and Insight ran a new line from the pole to the house and it still didn't fix it. My parent's then got the wire that connected the outside to the junction inside replaced by a private company and they haven't had 1 problem since.

The only issue I ever had was when they used to shut everything down to run updates at night, but I haven't had that happen in ~3 years.

I just called insight today and finally got my price lowered a bit after threatening to go to directv{only 2 companies I can go w/} I don't really dislike to much, but it does piss me off at times.

I'm in the same situation. I called the other day and got mine lowered a bit also. How much did they lower yours by?

I'm in the same situation. I called the other day and got mine lowered a bit also. How much did they lower yours by?

+1 what are you guys paying for insight? I have had insight for 6 months and have had 0 issues. but i am limited to insight or direct.

I had insight for 3 or 4 years and switched to WOW when they first came to Columbus maybe 5 years agoish. I have to say that Insight sucked. I hated them every single day. Wow has been really good and any issue I have ever had has been resolved very quickly. I have their HD DVR box and I have had no problems with it at all.

I have had Insight in a few of my apartments and never really liked the service. The internet was always slow and the picture was never very good.

I was very happy when I moved into my house and found I could get WOW. Service has been great and never any problems. And even though my internet speeds are suppose to be slower than what I had with Insight, it sure seems much faster to me.

I have insight and the ONLY thing I HATE about their cable is the fact that they don't have the National Geographic station.

Their internet on the other hand is the only reason I think we will always stay with them. Great internet and if you get Turbo (which I don't have) it makes it that much better.

fixed.

U-Verse is one of the worst options around for a complete package. The fact they only provide 25 Mbps of aggregate bandwidth to the house is a fail.

If you downloading 15 Mbps on the net, you have 10 Mbps for programming. 1 HD Stream the way they compress is ~6 Mbps or so. So surf the net with a high bandwidth application and then start to get pixelization trying to watch 2 HD channels. Sounds like something I want.

While TWC may not be the best, at least I can DVR 2 HD programs on every DVR in my house at the same time. 8 boxes * 2 HD channels = 16 HD programs at once, U-Verse can't even touch that.

U-Verse has the best technology out there, with the worst medium for transport (Twisted Pair Copper)

Of all of these providers mentioned, who has not only the highest scores in the region, but the highest JD Power scores IN THE COUNTRY for customer satisfaction for television, phone, and internet (3 seperate awards).

WOW

Time Warner - nope. Insight - hell no. U-verse - LOL.

Price isn't everything. Competitive price, good service, good customer service...total package.

Of all of these providers mentioned, who has not only the highest scores in the region, but the highest JD Power scores IN THE COUNTRY for customer satisfaction for television, phone, and internet (3 seperate awards).

WOW

Price isn't everything. Competitive price, good service, good customer service...total package.

The problem with WOW winning awards, is they have 1/2 the customer base of Insight or TWC. Easier to get a higher percentage, when you have half or less consumer base than your competitor.

The problem with WOW winning awards, is they have 1/2 the customer base of Insight or TWC. Easier to get a higher percentage, when you have half or less consumer base than your competitor.

Which is why JD Power changed the awards from nationwide awards and made them regional. Yet not only does WOW still win for the region, they score higher points than anyone else in any other region. :)

WOW

joe-are there deals to be had with keeping wow? if so who do i need to call? i dont need them to match the insight deal...however $130 for cable and internet is a kick in the dick.

thanks,

Tom

Which is why JD Power changed the awards from nationwide awards and made them regional. Yet not only does WOW still win for the region, they score higher points than anyone else in any other region. :)

I understand that. My experience with WOW has never been spectacular, then again I have never personally had their service at my house, it has always been at other people's homes. The On-Screen Guide seemed weak/poor which threw me off.

What is WOW's HD channel lineup like? Also since you work for WOW, do you know which CMTS's WOW is using?

my biggest beef with WOW, was how they talked up the fact that they carried the NFL network, but they neglected to mention they do not actually show the games that are on NFL network. so on thursday nights, i was stuck watching bloopers or something instead of the game that everyone else in the world was watching.