Is the courtesy wave dead?

wnaplay1647545503

do you wave?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. do you wave?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Cut off wnaplay when ever you see him.
    • Hello my name is Simon... and I Like to do drawerings

I love the Dane Cook bit...

"You give them seven *c'mon's* then it turns into FUCKIN GOOOOOOO"

I've not even seen/heard that bit and I can relate already. I fucking hate when you give someone an opportunity in traffic they are clearly looking for and they don't take it. WAKE UP AND DRIVE!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are cars ranked lower than trans ams??!!?? Since when?

kekekekekek

I always wave. And just like how I expect you to say thank you when I hold the door open for you into a building, I expect a wave when I let you into traffic.

Audi's are on the list of below TA's :)

that's another thing, people don't even thank you for holding the door anymore... especially kids... they are just plain rude.

actually that brings up a funny story... about 2 weeks ago I held the door for a group of kids (teens), NONE of them said thank you, the last kid that walked out, I stuck my foot out and he did a face plant... I just turned and walked away... I bet next time that little punk will say thank you if someone is taking the time to hold the door for him.

I've not even seen/heard that bit and I can relate already. I fucking hate when you give someone an opportunity in traffic they are clearly looking for and they don't take it. WAKE UP AND DRIVE!

There is always two stories to this though. People will try to let you through while there's another lane of traffic that isn't stopping for you, etc.

I had that happen once, two cars stopped to let me through in two lanes, didn't think about the 3rd lane...BOOM. Mom's car totalled on Mother's day. lol

I give a 'thanks wave' a lot, or i might flash the hazards for a blip, like trucks do when someone lets you over lol... Ive done a LOT of highway driving with em'.

I also tend to wave at other Minis because apparently a lot of them do wave..might as well play.

I also give the wave a lot because i usually signal and let the person let me in, versus these fucks who just cut in front of me and take the gap that i purposely leave between me and the car in front... those guys may get a finger and some brights. /rant

I give a wave when called for, and smile when I get one, but don't expect it anymore. What actually irks me more is when people are trying to do something nice (making space for a left turn into busy traffic, for example), but don't give any indication of their intention, resulting in two drivers each expecting the other to go first and holding everybody up in the process.

There is always two stories to this though. People will try to let you through while there's another lane of traffic that isn't stopping for you, etc.

I had that happen once, two cars stopped to let me through in two lanes, didn't think about the 3rd lane...BOOM. Mom's car totalled on Mother's day. lol

you wouldnt have happened to be pulling out by mcdonalds on cleveland ave by main st in westerville in 08, would you? lol

i was going north on cleveland and got into the center turn lane to turn left, and the 2 right lanes of traffic had slowed/stopped to let someone out from the right side...this guy was trying to turn LEFT out of the parking lot to go south in rush hour traffic, with his truck AND a trailer being towed behind him.

i had so little time to react, i only hit him from his front wheel forward. they cited him for it, and im still dealing with the insurance company 21 months later.

I wave. I always try to be appreciative. Even if I have to squeeze in somewhere, before they can get upset, I wave to them.

It would be nice if people were as courteous, but there are many times people don't give me a little wave/thank you for being courteous to them. I try not to get upset, as that sorta defeats the purpose of being kind. You don't do it to be rewarded, you do it out of the kindsness of your own heart.

I can't stand those douche bags that cut you off or doing something F'd up to you and you end up getting the finger. They should make a law that the person giving the finger that the other person can cut it off.

My other pet peive is when people don't use their turn signals, it just shows me how retarded you really are.

I can't stand those douche bags that cut you off or doing something F'd up to you and you end up getting the finger. They should make a law that the person giving the finger that the other person can cut it off.

My other pet peive is when people don't use their turn signals, it just shows me how retarded you really are.

Like the finger in your avatar. Seems you don't hate it that much.

I wave. I always try to be appreciative. Even if I have to squeeze in somewhere, before they can get upset, I wave to them.

It would be nice if people were as courteous, but there are many times people don't give me a little wave/thank you for being courteous to them. I try not to get upset, as that sorta defeats the purpose of being kind. You don't do it to be rewarded, you do it out of the kindsness of your own heart.

It's a way of saying thank you.

What if you were trying to be nice and helped carry some stuff to a total strangers car for them, then they just got in and took off without thanking you for it at all.

I like Jeff Foxworthy's standup bit about if someone doesn't give you the wave, you should be allowed to get up under them and shove them into the wall. Good stuff.

I think about that every time I don't get a wave back. I always try to wave.

When driving my Jeep, I get a whole lot more, but most of those come from other Jeep owners.

I wave and get waved back sometimes. It seems like I don't get a wave when the assholes just are intent on wedging their cars in front of yours in traffic. Then the dickheads behind them think "oh hey, he's letting people in, I can has?". I have a rule about letting only one car in at a time. I'm not about to let 2-5 cars stroll in front of me. They can wait and have someone behind me let them in.