Is the courtesy wave dead?

wnaplay1647545503

do you wave?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. do you wave?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Cut off wnaplay when ever you see him.
    • Hello my name is Simon... and I Like to do drawerings

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like most of you, I learned about the courtesy wave(the wave you give or get for doing such things while driving like letting people out at an intersection, or letting someone go first at a stop sign), from seeing my parents and fellow drivers when I was learning to drive. But its almost a dead art. Not only do I see younger drivers not doing it, I see older drivers as well.

Its funny, when my family first moved from NY to Ohio i saw my stepdad give a courtesy wave while we were driving and I said,"do you know that guy?" "no" "then why did you wave to him? did you mean to give him the finger and just forgot to pull back your other fingers?" Mind you i was like 8.

I courtesy wave and expect other drivers to but im not surprised when they dont.

It's a way of saying thank you.

What if you were trying to be nice and helped carry some stuff to a total strangers car for them, then they just got in and took off without thanking you for it at all.

Well, of course, I'll think, what an inconsiderate jerk. But that won't change the fact I was kind enough to help them out. I'm not going to let something like that ruin my mood and I'm not going to base helping others out on that one person.

I was walking out of walmart one time and saw a lady with two carts of dvd players. She was having a hard time and I tried helping her out and her paranoid ass actually eluded to the fact I just wanted to run off with a cart. I won't get into details here, but I basically laughed at her and told her sometimes people are just nice.

I rewarded myself with feelings of goodness for trying to help AND, of course, not running off with a cart full of dvd players. ;) I don't rely on those I help to reward me for something I should do/choose to do, anyway. It's a reward unto myself.

I wave way more than I get it back . What pisses me the eff of is . I always leave a good car length between me and the car in front , which seems to be a invatation for every d bag to sqweeze there shit in and imediatlly hit brake and slow down .