CBS Rejects gay dating site Superbowl Ad.

SpaceGhost

Helpful Not Helpful

Luke 6:37 ESV / 10 helpful votes

“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Helpful Not Helpful

Matthew 7:1-5 ESV / 7 helpful votes

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Helpful Not Helpful

1 Corinthians 4:1-21 ESV / 5 helpful votes

This is how one should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. For I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God. ...

Helpful Not Helpful

1 John 4:1 ESV / 4 helpful votes

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Helpful Not Helpful

Matthew 7:1-2 ESV / 4 helpful votes

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

Helpful Not Helpful

Revelation 21:4 ESV / 3 helpful votes

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

Helpful Not Helpful

1 John 3:16 ESV / 3 helpful votes

By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.

Helpful Not Helpful

1 Peter 3:15 ESV / 3 helpful votes

But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

Helpful Not Helpful

1 Corinthians 11:31 ESV / 3 helpful votes

But if we judged ourselves truly, we would not be judged.

Helpful Not Helpful

John 8:44 ESV / 3 helpful votes

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Helpful Not Helpful

John 3:18 ESV / 3 helpful votes

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

this post is full of win. some things i might add to those who look to the Bible as a way to persecute others:

Ephesians 4:32

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Galatians 3:26-29

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

James 2:4

have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say what I really feel...

I have no issue, problem, ill-will, hate towards ~98% of gay men. I work well with several on a daily basis. I play Hold'em (not like that) with a gay couple every 3 weeks.

What I honestly hate (and I admit hate is the right term here) are men who have to put on a show to express just how gay they are. Talking in a fake-ass high pitched voice, wearing makeup, pretty much everything Brian Griffin's gay cousin does. I imagine the majority of gay men also dislike that 2% and probably don't like how much that 2% adds to the larger gay stereotype.

I can accept that some men just naturally are attracted to men. But I really believe men that parade around doing everything as over-the-top as they can have mental issues. No, I am not saying being gay is a mental disorder. Maybe they have to spend every waking hour proving just how gay they are because they suppressed it growing up in fear of what peers and family would do? My wife has had many clients with gender identity disorder and she claims it is very real and valid.

Just as a gay man would "hate" it if I constantly talked about fucking a woman and pointing out how much I love being straight, I can not stand being around an uber-gay.

you know nothing. Your a FUCKING kid. Keep your mouth shut and just observe. Thats all you need to do.

Pot... Kettle? STFU.

I'm not going to get into all this as one of my best friends is gay. I feel they should have every opportunity to express theirselves in any fashion as a straight person can. If you are really that worried about your kid seeing it, I feel sorry for your kid. They are just going to grow up with the same sort of values and closemindedness.

Then why promote hate towards homosexuals in your sig?

:)

And on the record, I hate a higher percentage of hetero men than gay men.

Oh, oh, and also... this thread has a 24 year old telling a 21 year old - who told a 19 year old to STFU - to STFU. 19 and 24 are super close on the growing up chart; neither of you can rent a car. :)

Then why promote hate towards homosexuals in your sig?

:)

And on the record, I hate a higher percentage of hetero men than gay men.

Oh, oh, and also... this thread has a 24 year old telling a 21 year old - who told a 19 year old to STFU - to STFU. 19 and 24 are super close on the growing up chart; neither of you can rent a car. :)

lol its way to easy to work people up on on here. One comment attacking a kids age nearly derails the entire thread.

What I honestly hate (and I admit hate is the right term here) are men who have to put on a show to express just how gay they are. Talking in a fake-ass high pitched voice, wearing makeup, pretty much everything Brian Griffin's gay cousin does. I imagine the majority of gay men also dislike that 2% and probably don't like how much that 2% adds to the larger gay stereotype.

I can accept that some men just naturally are attracted to men. But I really believe men that parade around doing everything as over-the-top as they can have mental issues. No, I am not saying being gay is a mental disorder. Maybe they have to spend every waking hour proving just how gay they are because they suppressed it growing up in fear of what peers and family would do? My wife has had many clients with gender identity disorder and she claims it is very real and valid.

Neither of us can have any idea what's it's like growing up being a homosexual, or figuring out you are a homosexual at some point in this society. Unless you are a minority who grew up in the 60's or before, which I'm pretty sure you are not, you have no basis to try to sympathize with their point of view. That's where this little thing called empathy comes into play. It's just too bad that a majority of our society doesn't even know that word. Of course someone who's a discriminated against minority could end up feeling like they have something to prove! I think you are right, it's probably mostly an overall societal issue that's the root cause of homosexual people being singled out.

From what I've seen 'young' homosexual men are more likely to be flamboyant. Young as in they've relatively recently come out, or come to terms with it. Then they settle down into their life and go back to being themselves.

Now, back on topic: CBS didn't have anything worth watching to begin with, so their decision does not impact me. They're a business that made a business decision. I would like to see some kind of proof that the dating website had access to $3,000,000 in cash to pay the bill. Otherwise, CBS's claim that they had concerns about getting paid sounds legit.

Now, back on topic: CBS didn't have anything worth watching to begin with, so their decision does not impact me. They're a business that made a business decision. I would like to see some kind of proof that the dating website had access to $3,000,000 in cash to pay the bill. Otherwise, CBS's claim that they had concerns about getting paid sounds legit.

While all valid points, they only way to talk about this issue is like we did. What's the root cause of why it's a 'good' business decision for CBS to not air that commercial? Because people like you, PDQ and Vlad 'hate gay' people. You can feign acting like you don't all you want, but you do or this would be a non-issue.

While all valid points, they only way to talk about this issue is like we Idid. What's the root cause of why it's a 'good' business decision for CBS to not air that commercial? Because people like you, PDQ and Vlad 'hate gay' people. You can feign acting like you don't all you want, but you do or this would be a non-issue.

The root cause I was trying to discuss in that post was whether the people could even pay their bill. If they couldn't, end of that discussion.

On a side topic - if I am not supposed to care about how a gay man or woman lives their life, and I am supposed to leave them be and let them do whatever they want to and feel however they want to... why are they (and you) so concerned about whether or not I approve of it and make it a point to show me how my beliefs are wrong?

Seems a little hypocritical, don't ya think?

Here is the true reason why I dislike gays and would never support it. Doesnt matter if its a stranger, my relative or my kid. Well besides that it disgusts me.

'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.'

(Leviticus 18:22)

'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have

done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will

be on their own heads.' (Leviticus 20:13)

leviticus also states that you are not to cut the hair at the side of your temples or the edges of your beard. it states you are not to wear clothing made of two types of fabric either.

ever worn a cotton poly blend? or shaved your beard and cut your hair? enjoy your stay in hell sinner.

it says eating shellfish is an abomination. you ever eaten a lobster or crablegs? what about shrimp cocktail? you're just as bad as the gays. you will burn in hell for eternity with them.

• Upvote 1

By tolerant, you mean that you don't express your intolerance to their faces.

?? why would I express it to their face? to pick a fight or make them feel bad? I've already stated that neither is a priority to me. However, I have had situations where I've been around gay guys that were acting flamboyantly gay and made it clear that they can do so on their own time, but not in my company, thus as part of the group, I did excuse myself and they knew why. I wasn't alone either and didn't make a stink about it. I just simply said later.

By tolerant, you mean you'll put up with them existing as long as you are never made uncomfortable by them actually expressing themselves. You don't care if they're around as long as they're invisible. That's not tolerance, it's passive-aggressive bullshit.

By tolerant I mean quit acting like fags wearing their alternative lifestyle on their sleeve and pushing it out to the general public via airwaves, just live life and quit making a scene where their not wanted. I tolerate them being around but not in my face or where they are not welcome. I don't go into a gay bar promoting being straight and I don't expect them to come into my living room promoting their lifestyle.

I don't need to see two guys kissing or acting queer any more than I need to see a guy and girl groping each other during the Superbowl. Morality on TV is in the shitter on both sides and as Brian said, anything fappable to either has not place in a commercial. I am however more tolerant of one vs the other as gay is downright nasty straight is not. Both are bullshit during a game kids watch but one is down right offensive to a larger section of the population than the other and a hell of a lot easier to explain to a 7yr old trying to watch his team play. But back on topic, I don't need them pumping this shit into my home via airwaves that are occupied by a majority that doesn't care to see it.

BTW, you have a remote, unless it's stuck up your ass along with your head.

And as I've said before, I shouldn't have to flip back and forth to protect my kids and keep myself from being exposed to their alternative lifestyle. Again, quit pushing their shit into the faces of the masses that don't want to see it. Advertise it where it's more appropriate and where straight folks don't have to keep a remote in their hand. Thankfully the networks realize that America at large doesn't want to hear about things up guys asses. Such subjects are obviously not money makers for them otherwise believe me, I'm sure the networks would air it.

While all valid points, they only way to talk about this issue is like we did. What's the root cause of why it's a 'good' business decision for CBS to not air that commercial? Because people like you, PDQ and Vlad 'hate gay' people. You can feign acting like you don't all you want, but you do or this would be a non-issue.

One, I don't hate gay people., I don't approve of the lifestyle and don't want it aired during the Superbowl or normal prime time television where I'm not able to simply tune out to it without watching the screen every minute. I'm entitled to my opinion and it's pretty clear I'm not alone in that America is not ready to see that. Shows that center around or include gay characters are fine as it's easy to just not watch them. Unlike a commercial that pops up without warning.

IMO, the business reason is that I'm not alone and by airing such crap, they would cause way too much controversy to support the minority of Americans watching the game who are tolerant or supportive of a gay lifestyle. Bottom line is there are plenty of companies willing to throw money at the spots available and why risk any backlash when you can stay mainstream and not have any issues. Again, gays need to accept their lifestyle isn't mainstream and they aren't wanted in everyone's home. Perhaps they need to do some market research and figure out where best to put their money and spend their time.

Edited by TTQ B4U

I don't approve of the lifestyle and don't want it aired during the Superbowl or normal prime time television.

I don't approve of NASCAR and I still have to put up with those ads. Roughly 33million people watch NASCAR which is about the same percentage of the population that is believed to be gay (10%.) Same market size.

The difference is the content aired during NASCAR isn't nearly as controversial and offensive to the other 90% of the population.

I'll gladly have my kids and parents enjoy and afternoon of watching a football game where NASCAR is promoted vs seeing to guys in this ad with a tagline promoting a gay lifestyle. Again, the morality of America is already deep in the shitter on both sides, and we sure as hell don't need to sink the ship any faster by promoting a man on man play time.

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" so all the flag waving freedom touting folks need to better balance morality and the greater good of what should be aired vs their own support and airing of something just because they can.

Again, I think it's funny how gays go around with pink triangles and equal stickers on their car. Perhaps I should go around with a bunch of equal signs with lines through them promoting the straight lifestyle.

I don't approve of NASCAR and I still have to put up with those ads. Roughly 33million people watch NASCAR which is about the same percentage of the population that is believed to be gay (10%.) Same market size.

I do not believe 10 out of every 100 Americans are gay.

"the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has estimated America's gay, lesbian, and bisexual population at around 8 million people. That translates to somewhere around 2 percent. (note this one includes bisexuals)

A site called GayDemographics.org offers up a different set of statistics, placing an emphasis on the number of same-sex couples in the United States. According to their findings, there were a total of 61,064,407 couples in 2004. Approximately 707,196 (or 1.16 percent) were same-sex couples.

"The popular estimate that 10 percent of the male population and 5 to 6 percent of the female population are exclusively or predominately gay/lesbian is based on the Kinsey Institute data published in 1948. Since then Kinsley has been widely debunked, as more than 55% of the men surveyed were either prisoners, sex offenders, or male prostitutes."

the problem with finding out how many gay ppl there are, is how do you define the word gay? does it mean just having an attraction? does it mean oral/manual but no full on anal? does it mean wearing a pink shirt? does it mean balls touching? etc etc. before you can count, you have to have a clear definition.

the problem with finding out how many gay ppl there are, is how do you define the word gay? does it mean just having an attraction? does it mean oral/manual but no full on anal? does it mean wearing a pink shirt? does it mean balls touching? etc etc. before you can count, you have to have a clear definition.

I count all of the above as gay.

Now, somebody go start a happy topic, and I'll give them tons of +rep.