Good news for droid owners

CRed05

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does this mean for g1 owners? do you still have your g1 chris?

I still have it, its my backup phone. I have Hero on there, I should check and see if theres a 2.1 Nexus rom for it. I also like it better than the Droid, especially the keyboard.

You can keep flashing new version of android, but you will only be able to do that up to a certain point. So what it means is get a Nexus, the G1 looks like a turd compared to it.

So I found something that there is a hack to use USB devices on the moto droid. I couldn't find the original thread over on the droid forums so I guess I will ask here.

There was a good NES Emulator I read up about that plays 98% of Roms without problem. I have an NES Controller that is USB game pad. Any idea how to get this working on a droid and a emulator program to use it? Just was curious.

So I found something that there is a hack to use USB devices on the moto droid. I couldn't find the original thread over on the droid forums so I guess I will ask here.

There was a good NES Emulator I read up about that plays 98% of Roms without problem. I have an NES Controller that is USB game pad. Any idea how to get this working on a droid and a emulator program to use it? Just was curious.

you basically short out the green and white wires on a USB cable, and connect it to a female end, and thats your usb dongle (plus having to connect/disconnect on startup for it to recognize)

Having it wrok will still require you to have a custom driver or app, but it isn't too far off (external drives are already working on some devices)

I have Nesoid sitting in the market that I purchased for my G1. Havent used it on my Nexus yet but its the best emulator that I know of.

I know that people have connected USB keyboards to their phones but I havent really looked into that much.

I have Nesoid sitting in the market that I purchased for my G1. Havent used it on my Nexus yet but its the best emulator that I know of.

I know that people have connected USB keyboards to their phones but I havent really looked into that much.

USB keyboards to use on Nesoid you are saying? If that works then so should my NES usb controller. :cool::cool::cool:

I'm bored of waiting for 2.1

I installed Bugless Beast today, and holy shit this has all the nice stuff built into one good package, including wifi tethering.

If you are the l33t type, check it out here http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=1553

Is that safe? looks sick. I dont know much about all that jazz so talk to me like im a caveman who just discovered this stuff :D

Is that safe? looks sick. I dont know much about all that jazz so talk to me like im a caveman who just discovered this stuff :D

Its safe. You just need to root your phone, which allows you to install custom ROMs. If you screw something up during the rooting process you can brick your phone (ask jeffro, lol). But that usually only happens when you are installing a different SPL and Radio, but I dont think you need to do that on the droid just yet.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=738

Android doesnt support USB master, atleast not yet. The keyboards I saw people attaching were bluetooth keyboards. You just download KeyPro from the market and it will let you use compatible keyboards. So you cant connect usb keyboards, mice, flashdrives, controllers etc.

BUT

http://www.tombom.co.uk/blog/?p=124

So they got it hosting USB, but there are no drivers so it will turn on the controller, but wont work.

Edited by kickass

hey is there any good wifi tether for the android os? the usb ones work fine, but i cant find a wifi tether.

if you're rooted, which you should be, i use this http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

Requires custom wifi drivers for some devices.. Works great on bugless beast, I'm using it right now driving back to columbus.

• Upvote 1

if you're rooted, which you should be, i use this http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

Requires custom wifi drivers for some devices.. Works great on bugless beast, I'm using it right now driving back to columbus.

+rep if it worked, but it says my kernal verison doesnt work or something.