Getting a first bike

JZig06

Like my earlier thread I am wanting to get into riding street this year. Ridden dirt bikes my whole life. My question is I don't get my license until mid-late July unless I get lucky with finding a walk in spot for the basic rider course earlier in the year. Well I want to use my tax return to get a bike. Do I have to have my license and proof of insurance to buy a bike from a dealer, or private owner. Or can I pay cash put it on a trailer and take it away with me. It looks like I am going to have a bout $3000 total that includes tax and title. Looking for a 600 CBR, R6, some Ninja not many. I would love a 750 but they seem to be more pricey. Bike doesn't have to be perfect can have scratches just needs to be mechanically sound. I am also not opposed to a bigger cc cruiser. But it has to be black and loud. Any help on any of this would be great thanks.

Ever ridden the 600 bikes?

I was just started riding last season and everyone pushed me away from 600's, and I'm damn glad they did.

I ended up getting an 07sv650s. The V-Twin engine allows for lots of torque down low but is A LOT more forgiving. There isn't much room to correct a mistake on a 600, but this all comes down to the rider...

You don't need anything other than cash money to get a bike though to answer your first question. Most people won't let you test ride one either unless you have the cash in front of them.

Just keep in mind that you'll most likely need at least another 600 dollars to get come gear.

I'm a bargain hunter and got everything 50% off or more and it was all Brand New.

Helmet ~300

Jacket ~200

Boots/ shoes ~100

Pants ~100

Gloves ~60

Keep in mind all that gear is on the very low end of the spectrum for good/ decent leathers.

Most will say that street is way different than dirt too.

I'm a bargain hunter and got everything 50% off or more and it was all Brand New.

Helmet ~300

Jacket ~200

Boots/ shoes ~100

Pants ~100

Gloves ~60

Keep in mind all that gear is on the very low end of the spectrum for good/ decent leathers.

if u still spent that much ur on crack u obviusly didnt look around for deals.

helmet snell approved/dot approved 250 marked down to 70

full leather jacket 150 down to 110

gloves 55 down to 15

didnt buy pants or boots but then again you dont HAVE TO have those just wear a nice over the heal boot(like a work boot of sort) u can u can get full gear to get u rolling an safe for easily under 200 just shop around for he deals

Bell Star

Icon Motorhead Jacket

A* Stage Jacket

A* SPX Gloves

I bought the shoes brand new but that's because I needed them asap.

So 400 down to under 200 on both jackets (Stage was on clearance though)

100 down to 50 on the gloves

I saved 650 including the helmet purchase, and wasn't charged any tax on any purchase either which I haven't taken into consideration.

Bell Star

Icon Motorhead Jacket

A* Stage Jacket

A* SPX Gloves

I bought the shoes brand new but that's because I needed them asap.

So 400 down to under 200 on both jackets (Stage was on clearance though)

100 down to 50 on the gloves

I saved 650 including the helmet purchase, and wasn't charged any tax on any purchase either which I haven't taken into consideration.

your amount <200$ my amount for the same good stuff :bangbang:

if you trust yourself from being stupid, starting on a 600 shouldn't be an issue. I had zero experience on bikes other than learning on a friend in a parking lot twice before I bought my 600RR. Know YOUR limits and take it easy until you get comfortable. Someone mentioned an SV650 and that is an excellent choice as well

I rode a 636 for two months than bought a busa. So experience is a huge factor when it comes to certain things you will deal with while riding, but if you can control yourself a 600 shouldn't be a problem. Buy a textile and a helmet an some gloves, have over ankle boots anything will work and your good. Insurance is horse shit. I mean I guess not to bad I had liability on the 636 and it was 500 for the year, bought the busa did liability again and it was 1800 a year...

buying a bike in a few simple steps.

Step 1: Find a tape measure, ruler, or other device for standard units of measure.

Step 2: Measure your dick.

Step 3: Take the actual measurement and compare it to how big you think your dick really is. If the Imaginary number is much larger than the actual, buy a liter bike or a busa for your first bike. If the imaginary number is equal to or less than the actual then you will be just fine on a 600.

buying a bike in a few simple steps.

Step 1: Find a tape measure, ruler, or other device for standard units of measure.

Step 2: Measure your dick.

Step 3: Take the actual measurement and compare it to how big you think your dick really is. If the Imaginary number is much larger than the actual, buy a liter bike or a busa for your first bike. If the imaginary number is equal to or less than the actual then you will be just fine on a 600.

Just cause you can't handle anything bigger than a 600 Natedawg so I'm assuming you have a VERY tiny dick. :D

Just cause you can't handle anything bigger than a 600 Natedawg so I'm assuming you have a VERY tiny dick. :D

its not the size of the boat dover...but if need be i'll post a pic of my front and rear tires if you don't think i can handle my 750.

Guest tbutera2112

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1582092258.html

^ that one is actually a pretty good deal...the year on them doesnt matter because theyre all the same aside from very minor changes...i wouldnt get older than 93 though, but for comparison heres one with a ton of miles still kicking

http://athensohio.craigslist.org/mcy/1576276075.html

comfortable to ride and plenty of torque to get out of its own way!

the miles arent an issue on these bikes, people run them to 100k+...im a little biased though...i love mine...complete sleeper and a blast to ride