Anybody want a V6 mustang? No?

Science Abuse

I'd rock it, I think the new new mustang is the best looking of the camaro/challenger/mustang pack and now this motor makes respectable power. The intake manifold is pretty ugly, but nothing that can't be fixed.

Ecoboost mustang... return of the SVO?

That's what my 328i was. I never actually went that far. Mobil1 is "*guaranteed*" to 10,000 miles. They call their synthetic blend a 7,500 mile oil, and their extended service full synthetic is 15,000 miles, or as they call it, a once a year oil change.

That's what my 328i was. I never actually went that far. Mobil1 is "*guaranteed*" to 10,000 miles. They call their synthetic blend a 7,500 mile oil, and their extended service full synthetic is 15,000 miles, or as they call it, a once a year oil change.

I don't care if I put liquid gold frappe mega sauce in the crankcase. 5k is my limit for my *VERY* spirited street driving. ;)

Agreed, and like I said, I've never taken oil that far. I do however push conventional oil to 5000 miles in my truck. I run semi-synthetic in my 88 and mobil1 in my supercharged car and only go to 5000 miles.

My girlfriend also has a 2006 A4 2.0T-Q, IIRC the audi interval is damn near 10,000 miles too. She goes 5000 on Mobil1.

Eh, the 4.0 wasn't terrible, just low HP and lots of Torque, which made the car jump off the line then fall on its face. It was a decent platform to mod off of.

However, the new motor is everything a v6 mustang owner could ask for. Sounds like Ford finally joined this century and started replacing its decade old shitty motors with good ones.

I don't care if I put liquid gold frappe mega sauce in the crankcase. 5k is my limit for my *VERY* spirited street driving. ;)

If you dump hopes and dreams into the crankcase it runs for a year.

No IRS, no care. As above, it's not 1960 any more, and independent rears are no longer black magic.

They didn't report the weight savings... If any.

Ford's been improving greatly. Every time I see a new Fusion on the road, I have to mark how good it looks. But the Mustang is their flagship performance car, and they can't get their heads out of the 1/4 mile.

Imagine a lightened, lowered, Mustang with an "ecoboost" V8 and an IRS. Ford could be knocking on the Vette's rear bumper with their "pony" car. Wouldn't that be a coup?

The people who buy mustangs hated the IRS Cobra. So why would they do it again.

You mean the one that was heavier and slower? Ford patched that IRS together and half-assed it, then tried to charge a premium for it. Of course it was gong to flop.

But I guess since an IRS sucks, they shouldn't try to do it right.. I mean, that's why the new Camaro, and new Challenger, as well as all BMWs, Audis, Mercedes, Subarus, and others have live rear axles.. Oh wait.. They don't.

Chill out dude, when did I say IRS sucks? All my cars are IRS, because I understand it is better. My F250, my dakota, and my wrangler are solid axle, see a pattern?

You're not a mustang buyer, nor am I. I was just noting that in the past, mustang buyers, didn't go for the IRS.