New from Lake County (Painesville)

Adam L

01slpss beat me to the punch as far as Lake County residents are concerned, oh well.

My name's Adam, and I've lived in the Cleveland area my whole life. Y'might be asking "why the fuck are you here? Go back to ClevelandRacing.com" and I wouldn't blame you. I guess the main reason is boredom. The other part is that I get down to Columbus 4-6 times a year, either when my bands play down there or when a good band is playing. Always liked Columbus, just not enough to move there.

Anyway, I've got a 2003 Mercury Marauder and a 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T with AWD.

I picked up the Marauder back in December '08 for $8000 from a Cleveland Racing member. He knew I loved those cars, and made me a great deal on the car. Currently it has 93k on it. It's got a tune, CAI, Densos, and a 180 T-stat...which I realize is all kid stuff. Cosmetically, it's been tinted and is running a Marauder spoiler, which was not originally installed on the car. Oh, and some big 285/50's in the back, raking the hell out of the car. Money's tight, but I'd like to do an Eaton swap and 3.73's when I get my shit together. Gonna throw an exhaust on it when it comes out of storage in the spring.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/straightonchaser/Marauder-November09/69120004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/straightonchaser/Marauder-November09/69120016.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs087.snc3/15432_546482073771_39003984_32278755_4316545_n.jpg

Big car, small motor. Best I've run was 14.54 @97. I'll work on getting it faster, but even now I really dig driving it.

As far as the Magnum is concerned, it's just a daily driver that I picked up in September '09. I know the mod potential is better on the Magnum than it is on the Mercury, but because I beat the hell out of this car and throw amps/drums in it all the time, I'm not really looking to do much other than drive it.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/346/3001/38364000001_large.jpg

All stock, best run was a 14.6x.

OK, flame suit on, give me your best/worst!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

i miss painesville.
You're one of few people who would publicly admit that. Right on.

Also, I was just looking around here and found a link for LaSota Racing. I'm not related (as far as I know), but that's what the "L" in my username stands for. The only LaSotas I know are a bunch of Polacks from Cleveland.

Any links to your band?
Thanks for the interest. Just joined a band called MurderCoaster, which kinda sounds like 80s punk (Black Flag type stuff) with some Guns 'n' Roses/sleaze thrown in. Long story short with them, they were together from 2000-2004, then broke up, then reunited with me replacing the original guitarist. Our first show is in a week or two...we'll see how it goes.

I've played in some Cleveland bands but nothing super worth mentioning. Some of my old bands played Bourbon St., Used Kids, and Skully's when we'd come down to Columbus. I just dig getting free beer and having fun onstage.

Looks like Steve's old car.
'Cuz it is. Good eye! EDIT: Forgot where I was for a second. KillJoy Steve has one of these too, and that's undoubtedly who you're talking about. I got mine from Steve from ClevelandRacing, aka Darkside. Edited by Adam L

You're one of few people who would publicly admit that. Right on.

Also, I was just looking around here and found a link for LaSota Racing. I'm not related (as far as I know), but that's what the "L" in my username stands for. The only LaSotas I know are a bunch of Polacks from Cleveland.

lol. i like it up there...far enough from cleveland, but not out in BFE...plus theres a shitload of hungarians, which = great cabbage rolls.

and brennans (i think thats how its spelled) down near the docks is the slam. sylvestros too, but i think i recall my grandma saying its not there anymore.

Thanks, glad to see some Merc lovin'. The Cleveland guys all call it a "fake ass cop car". :(

sylvestros too, but i think i recall my grandma saying its not there anymore.
Your grandma might have been thinking of the fact that Pops Silvestro blew his brains out in the apartment above the restaurant. But the place is still open and has the same menu...and yes, it does rule quite a bit.
  • Upvote 1

Thanks, glad to see some Merc lovin'. The Cleveland guys all call it a "fake ass cop car". :(

Your grandma might have been thinking of the fact that Pops Silvestro blew his brains out in the apartment above the restaurant. But the place is still open and has the same menu...and yes, it does rule quite a bit.

maybe...its been a couple years since she told me. their prime rib is great

and whats even funnier, is today at work (collections), i had a guy call in that lived in Perry. i was just sitting there for a second like...thats odd

maybe...its been a couple years since she told me. their prime rib is great
Veal parm and a cold Rolling Rock for me, thank you.

Bored at work, figured I'd show you guys a couple of my old cars.

Had this from '01-06.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w110/jackiegleason/cars/frontright-1.jpg

It's a '77 Chrysler Cordoba. It had a 400ci V8 with a Carter Thermoquad and Lean Burn Ignition on it. I swapped that system out and replaced it with a Mallory box, Mopar vacuum-advance distributor, and an Edelbrock 650 performer. Ran straight pipes on it for awhile, then switched to glasspacks, which was pointless because they were just as loud. From '01-03 it was basically a daily, as my shitbox LeBaron was always breaking down. Even with all the driving, it was almost mint when I sold it with 93k on the odo. Wish I coulda kept it, but I needed $$$ for a downpayment on a house.

Bought this in '05, I traded this in when I bought the Magnum September '09:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w110/jackiegleason/spring%2007/DSCN0171-1.jpg

'02 Grand Marquis. Only mods were dual exhaust, transmission J-mod (.pdf link), and Mustang Bullitt wheels. Fairly reliable other than a blown trans at 44k, before the J-mod...and having to tear the front half of the motor off to replace timing tensioners.

Those are my two favorites. The rest of the list is:

-1987 Pontiac Firebird (V6)

-1992 Pontiac Firebird (V6)

-2004 Focus ZX3

-1986 Nissan rustbucket pickup

-1989 Chrysler LeBaron

Howdy.

Call Zack - Ditch the Zit

Skip the 3.73 and get 4.10's

Cut a coil from the big end on the Front Springs

J-Mod.... NOW!

If you plan on boost, get Long Tubes to Cut Outs.... best of both worlds - Power AND quiet!

What is your Engine Code? BMD0? If so, Brian @ Dyno Tune already has the License for it. ;)

Other then that.... WELCOME!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Call Zack - Ditch the Zit

Skip the 3.73 and get 4.10's

Cut a coil from the big end on the Front Springs

J-Mod.... NOW!

If you plan on boost, get Long Tubes to Cut Outs.... best of both worlds - Power AND quiet!

What is your Engine Code? BMD0? If so, Brian @ Dyno Tune already has the License for it. ;)

Lotta stuff there to process...

Had Zack tune me last year, got rid of the Reinhardt crap. I like the badge on the grille, though, so no badgeless for me.

I was told if I go the Eaton route I'd be better off with 3.73s...

Gonna go with one size larger tire in the front, methinks, and see where I'm at before I hack anything.

LT's might be in the future, we'll see.

I don't remember my engine code, K-something. Car's in the garage taking a nap for a couple more weeks.

Don't really have 'mod fever' yet...mostly because I don't have the money to treat it.

• 3 weeks later...
lol. i like it up there...far enough from cleveland, but not out in BFE...plus theres a shitload of hungarians, which = great cabbage rolls.

and brennans (i think thats how its spelled) down near the docks is the slam. sylvestros too, but i think i recall my grandma saying its not there anymore.

Brennan's is technically in the small shithole town of Grand River, but it's real close to Painesville. I don't eat fish much, but when I do that's where I go. My parents knew the old owners somehow.

Also they still had Great Lakes Christmas Ale on tap in February, when every one else was out.