Medical Question/Help

John Bruh

So I'm almost positive I have a severe Stomach ulcer. The problem is that I do not have health insurance or a family doctor. I know there are two commonly perscribed medications for ulcers i just forget what they are.

I guess my real question is Does anyone know a doctor that I can go to that won't rape me over the coals since i dont have health insurance?

do you make a lot of money? if so ever doctor out there will fuck you hard. if you dont make much money, you can go to the free clinics or go to the hospital and when they send you the bill there is usually a section on the back side of the bill to fill out to get the bill either reduced substantially or they will just say you dont have to pay it at all.

If you are paying cash doctors will typicly work with u in my experience but i dont knowto what extent

yep. docs are getting so beat up on insurance anymore we prefer cash. I will give a substantial discount for green backs.

So I'm almost positive I have a severe Stomach ulcer. The problem is that I do not have health insurance or a family doctor. I know there are two commonly perscribed medications for ulcers i just forget what they are.

I guess my real question is Does anyone know a doctor that I can go to that won't rape me over the coals since i dont have health insurance?

An old fashioned way to tell if you have an ulcer is to get some Betain hydro Chloride (call a health food store) and take that if the pain increases then it is an ulcer. If it is an ulcer there is a product that does very well in healing ulcers it is called Okra Pepsin. Okra pepsin is made by standard process inc. out of Wisconson. Takes about 6-8 weeks to heal up.

i have every symptom of an ulcer. I'm 99.9% sure. Alcohol was the big thing that led me to discover the problem. Because once i drink my stomach will not stop hurting until the alcohol is out of my system and other things....

why not get a private policy, wait a few weeks til it kicks in and then go to the doc?

i have a sole policy through aetna for medical and dental w/ no deductible and a $40 copay for $109/month. its worth it as I went to the ER back in december and it saved my ass.

i should probably do this. How long do you have to have it before you go to the doc? How long do you have to keep the policy after you go?

Like can i buy a policy pay on it for 2 months then go, then cancel 2mo after?

why not get a private policy, wait a few weeks til it kicks in and then go to the doc?

i have a sole policy through aetna for medical and dental w/ no deductible and a $40 copay for $109/month. its worth it as I went to the ER back in december and it saved my ass.

Why not just go spend $75 on an office call? People spend money freely on their cars then worry about $75 to see the doctor, I don't get it.

Why not just go spend $75 on an office call? People spend money freely on their cars then worry about $75 to see the doctor, I don't get it.

ok where can i go for $75. I dont have a problem spending money i just dont want to go to the er and pay thousands.

If you think you have an ulcer you really need to go to the doctor. There is a bacteria called h. pylori that no matter what you do will cause it to come back until you are properly treated. My friend had to go on acid blockers and 2 or 3 types of antibiotics to cure her ulcer. They have a bunch of over the counter stuff that helps (and could actually cure you if you only have a minor ulcer or stomach irritation).. but keep in mind if taken too long it can make you deficient in certain vitamins as well as some other lame side effects.

What makes you think its a stomach ulcer (if you dont mind me asking)...

Westar Urgent Care in Westerville is $200 cash price and you may even be able to negotiate them down. I went there one time when I had a HDHP and only had $165 left on my HSA and they took that as full payment.

ok where can i go for $75. I dont have a problem spending money i just dont want to go to the er and pay thousands.

Just about any family practitioner will be less than $75 for an office visit. I would suggest calling around.

I go to the Milhon Clinic off of 315 just north of 270. http://www.millhonclinic.com They charge $100 for the office visit then more for what ever tests you get done. When I had ulcers I had to have an upper GI done to confirm them. That was about 10 years ago and I still have to take Previcid everyday to help with the acid.

Good luck

Matt, Where the hell you getting your insurance from? That's sounds really cheap....

Just about any family practitioner will be less than $75 for an office visit. I would suggest calling around.

+1. i go to family physicians of gahanna, and when i went end of jan (found out i had strep throat for the first time ever...fun times), i was expecting it to be a bit more...it was like <$70

my insurance at work basically pays everything for me up to like $1000, then i have to cover the next $750, then its 80/20

i switched over to it this year since a) i hardly ever go to the doctor and b) it was about 15% cheaper biweekly than my old plan, which was 80/20 right away. made me never want to go to the doctor, but for only $70 out of my $1k i dont have to pay anything for, im not going to hesitate to go back again when i get sick

+1. i go to family physicians of gahanna, and when i went end of jan (found out i had strep throat for the first time ever...fun times), i was expecting it to be a bit more...it was like <$70

my insurance at work basically pays everything for me up to like $1000, then i have to cover the next $750, then its 80/20

i switched over to it this year since a) i hardly ever go to the doctor and b) it was about 15% cheaper biweekly than my old plan, which was 80/20 right away. made me never want to go to the doctor, but for only $70 out of my $1k i dont have to pay anything for, im not going to hesitate to go back again when i get sick

The MD I go to occasionally is $50 per office call, but professional courtesy is nice!!

if so every doctor out there will fuck you hard. .

i don't 'fuck' anyone you stupid cocksucker. i'm paid to do what i spent the better part of 10 years after college learning how to do. if you don't like it, eat a fat dick. if a patient doesn't have money, we still fix them, and don't get paid for it. do you ever do work for free??

people spend hundreds per month for car insurance but won't buy health insurance.

if you truly have an ulcer, they are not to be taken lightly. bite the bullet and go to an e.r. or get into a private physician's office asap. or you can call mt. carmel and get into their uninsured medical clinic.

i don't 'fuck' anyone you stupid cocksucker. i'm paid to do what i spent the better part of 10 years after college learning how to do. if you don't like it, eat a fat dick. if a patient doesn't have money, we still fix them, and don't get paid for it. do you ever do work for free??

people spend hundreds per month for car insurance but won't buy health insurance.

if you truly have an ulcer, they are not to be taken lightly. bite the bullet and go to an e.r. or get into a private physician's office asap. or you can call mt. carmel and get into their uninsured medical clinic.

this guy

family friend of ours is Dr. Rick Long (real name, laugh it up). He is in upper arlington, great guy, great practice. He will most likely help you out on the money side of things.