Mac geeks need your help

carl1647545492

Cliffs,I installed a new hard drive and safari will load as before but will crash if load video

I have a powerbook g4 running 10.3.9 with 512 mb of ram its about 5 yers old and my original 100 gig hard drive was clicking and acting up.

After loading a update last week everything froze,to escape I turned the power off,it did not like that and i could not log on,a genius checked it out and the hard drive was showing it was fine! however I could not reload osx from the install disc,it would try to load and then and then get "stuck" near the end.Lucky I had backed up important stuff a few weeks before but lost my music so it was not too horrendus

So I ordered a replacement 320 gig 5400 rpm western digital hard drive from fixit installed it myself,it loaded and popped in the grey 15/17 osx install disc and everything installed fine I down loaded all the updates probably 25 to 30 of them.

Here is the problem safari will only load in one window I,m not getting the finder Q above my browser so something is not quite right.

It has been 5 years since I loaded the software,I cannot remember if I have to load the 3 black X osx discs or just my grey 15/17 install disc so I,m sctaching my head right now.

The guys at fixit suggested I do a hardware test i did the long one,everything checked out I re loaded the software again downloaded the updates again and cannot load a page with a video on it without safari crashing on me.

So is it possible I have forgotten about a software disc somewhere?

One thing that happens when I boot up is I see the folder and face for a breif second and the it will act as normal,so anyway any help would be great,thanks.

Hmm does not want to load on HD cannot install software on this volume.The system cannot use this software.

Checking HD install again now.

Anybody have a Mac os9 and Panther 123 discs they would lend me?

mine are not loading possibly scratched/damaged

Edited by carl