what to check?

pontiacfreak142

What should i check for if i left my car sit over winter, and now its running about 3-4 tenths slow and 2-3 mph down? Nothin was changed over winter other than the front sway broke and was removed and just found that the rear one was broke also (not sure if either really matter though). My average at the end of last year was 13.8 @ 97 and the best the car would do tonight was 14.14 @ 94 no matter what i did. I do understand there are weather and track differences, but i cant see that effecting me that bad especially since it was a beautiful night with not much humidity.

Not a lot of difference between a high 13 and a low 14. I assume this was at Trails both times? I have been .4-.5 different between 2 nights in the same week at Trails. Probably depends on how lazy the prep guy was.

This wasn't your first time driving it this year, right? You had some other thread about racing some dude. 2-3 tenths could be as stupid as a loose wire, bad plug, a 1-wheel spin... who knows.

Guest Removed
nothin special. I think my best of the night was 1.93. Thats only about 2-3 hundreths off from my normal at trails. ill check plugs and such. I kept lowering tire pressure for traction, but it made no difference.

theres your sign.

no traction.... prep was not good that night. not enough heat in the track.

lmao yea right, if i paint it white ill lose about 2 seconds. White=slow lol. I think im gonna take some tools with me to the track day tomorrow and play with some stuff. Although i dont know why i really care, my dad talked me into just dropping in a gen 1 350 so hopfully ill be done with this 6 shortly.

lmao yea right, if i paint it white ill lose about 2 seconds. White=slow lol. I think im gonna take some tools with me to the track day tomorrow and play with some stuff. Although i dont know why i really care, my dad talked me into just dropping in a gen 1 350 so hopfully ill be done with this 6 shortly.

You've been saying this since I met you, I'll beleive it when I see it.

and if you paint it white, it'll just break stuff instead of running slow.

You've been saying this since I met you, I'll beleive it when I see it.

and if you paint it white, it'll just break stuff instead of running slow.

the difference is, i was dead set on some sort of lsx build for it, which for me is a bit to expensive. With this, i may already have a block and tranny for cheap

the difference is, i was dead set on some sort of lsx build for it, which for me is a bit to expensive. With this, i may already have a block and tranny for cheap

My dad is looking to do the same to my old LT1 car still. He has found a lot out there on how to do it and there are some nice cars that have it done. The thing that is scaring him is the possible fab work and the wiring nightmare.

Ask my dad about the 66 nova he got that had a "custom" wire job. It looked like a drunk 8 year old tried to defuse a bomb with a butter knife.

so you got one of those to huh? My dads mustang was the same way when we got it. It was amazing that anything in the car actually worked.