Picked up a new toy . . .

RadDawg

The Caddy just wasn't doing it, so I purchased this little toy last week:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa252/Apexbutcher/2010-04-24131211.jpg

It's an '04 with 30K on the clock, runs straight and true. Came up from Virginia, about an hour south of DC. Mods to follow as time and budget allow.

• Confused 1

Dunno yet. Researching options now, still not comfortable enough to explore the limits yet, especially not on damp roads. Never owned a stock car for very long, though. At the very least it needs a shifter and a tune.

Is that like a base coupe? I know someone who had the 50th and his had the molding down the side and whatnot. I think even another version besides the 50th had it too. How did you get the molding on the corvettes, as in which one had them. I think it really sets the car off with it.

It is a manual. I would never purchase an automatic Corvette, but that's just me. GM lists the color as "Magnetic Red" with a black leather interior. I paid just over $24K.

Dont wanna rain on the parade, but for 24k I would have looked for a C5 Z06, or spent a few thousand more on a C6 base model.

Are FRC's hard to find/expensive relative to no FRC's? Does it make as much sense to buy a Z06 for the price you'd pay for an FRC?

They are definately more rare. They are more desireable, and therefore command a little more $. On ebay they will fetch maybe a few thousand more than a typical coupe. Then a Z06 will be even a few more thousand than a FRC.

Basically it goes like this:

Z06 > FRC> Coupe/Convertable

Nice pick-up. Mine is in the near future. The only thing keeping from it is the new CTS-V. My plans were to pick up a low mile C6 ZO6 at some point, but now that the newest CTS-V is out, I may wait 2-4 years for one of them. One way or the other I'll have one as the toy.

Didn't want Z06, like the targa top. Plus it's a daily driver,the Z06 deserves better. I looked at a few C6's, good ones started at $30K

The CTS is the wife's ride, I couldn't talk her into the V with the manual transmission.

Didn't want Z06, like the targa top. Plus it's a daily driver,the Z06 deserves better. I looked at a few C6's, good ones started at $30K

The CTS is the wife's ride, I couldn't talk her into the V with the manual transmission.

My wife never drove stick before, the shiny red caddy motivated her to learn :)

It was a very effective motivational tool.