Video of 8.96 Pass

Mike C

Guys,

Our camera guy unfortunately had to leave before we made our 8.96 pass. I thought I saw at least 1 or 2 people filming the car during our pass. If anyone has it on film we would be beyond grateful for a copy of the pass.

We were the white DSM.

Thanks in advance.

I've got a decent one of it.. i need to get a firewire cable for the camera though unless someone around reynoldsburg has one.

Awesome. I'll let Mike know and one of us can hopefully set something up with you via PM's.

Damn extremly impressive you got in the 8's.. Isnt that your best??

Yes. That's our best pass to date. Previous best last year was 9.39 at 157mph. We ran 9.23 at 160mph on the pass before the 8.96. We're excited about the rest of the year as this was a good first step so early in the season. Nothing of significance broke on the car too which is always a great feeling.

I've got a decent one of it.. i need to get a firewire cable for the camera though unless someone around reynoldsburg has one.

Let me know if you're having trouble tracking one down. I don't have one personally, but work to get you one asap even if it means ordering one online or swinging by Bestbuy.

Thanks,

Mike

Awesome, if you don't have a method of hosting the high resolution video file (~50-100mb?), I can offer up a limited read/write access account to the Columbus DSM FTP space and explain how to login if you've never used one before.

Thanks again,

MIKE!

Thanks for compliments on the car. We think the current setup has a little more in it so we're excited to take it back out after seeing the data and trying some changes.

How hard are you guys leaving?

What 60' did you guys pull on the 8.96 ?

"medium hard" :D

1.45 60' on that pass and 5.85 to the 1/8th.

He can and has cut some mid 1.3s if we cared to leave a little harder but we aren't generally interested in it yet. The car is very hard to launch with a 42r and no nitrous. It also has a very long 1st gear in the dogbox which also makes it pretty tough. Its amazing how consistent he's become on cutting a solid 1.40-1.50 60' range whenever we decide to make a full pass.

We run on a VERY tight budget so our general motto is to do everything in our power to improve the times within reason but try to keep the car from grenading parts. We think we've found some data from the logs that might pick the car's ET up a little more without having to lean on the launch more. Only more testing will tell.

"medium hard" :D

1.45 60' on that pass and 5.85 to the 1/8th.

He can and has cut some mid 1.3s if we cared to leave a little harder but we aren't generally interested in it yet. The car is very hard to launch with a 42r and no nitrous. It also has a very long 1st gear in the dogbox which also makes it pretty tough. Its amazing how consistent he's become on cutting a solid 1.40-1.50 60' range whenever we decide to make a full pass.

We run on a VERY tight budget so our general motto is to do everything in our power to improve the times within reason but try to keep the car from grenading parts. We think we've found some data from the logs that might pick the car's ET up a little more without having to lean on the launch more. Only more testing will tell.

Honestly, it barely looked like a 1.45, brutally impressive machine you guys have built.:)

Honestly, it barely looked like a 1.45, brutally impressive machine you guys have built.:)

Yeah we're very used to hearing that. The car leaves on the 2 step at 8k and 20lbs of boost but it certainly doesn't look like that to the naked eye. Its because of the big setup, lack of a carbon clutch, lack of nitrous, tall 1st gear, blah blah.

I'm amazed at how calm it looks too coming out. Even my old 2g that had a T67 looked more violent than this car does and had slower 60' times. I think we're all just used to watching 35r type cars rocketing out of the hole or something like Shepherd that leaves on meth, the bottle, and a staging brake. There aren't very many DSMs or EVOs that we can use to compare our data to. Most of the 42r cars are running the bottle and very aggressive cams.

Mike C what happened to your eclipse?

I got rid of my 2g 2 years ago so that we could concentrate on 1 car. It was becoming too much work and money to try to run both cars.