School Me on Integras

jeffro

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then ask them how much money they saved by modding it over keeping it stock. :o

Tell that to the number of guys on here with 500whp+ hondas

I'll be one of the 500whp that will be offened lol I had a bad ass honda under 1k in the motor thats with being put together. Why is everyone acting like it cost 10k to have a fast honda?

I'll be one of the 500whp that will be offened lol I had a bad ass honda under 1k in the motor thats with being put together. Why is everyone acting like it cost 10k to have a fast honda?

haters gonna hate.

that place over by me said it was 400 just for them to pull it. never pulled an engine before though.

Its pretty straight forward, if you need help buy a chilton or some type of manual. Its step by step, then same thing backwards. Just jump in, never going to learn if you don't try, I'm sure people on here can help you out.

Why is everyone acting like it cost 10k to have a fast honda?

Cause it cost $10k to have a fast and reliable Honda...shit I wish I had less then 10k in my Integra, I still dont have any turbo parts yet I am up to over 12k in receipts...

Thank god this is the last car i build for a long time. Honestly looking back at it, for the ammount of money I have in this damn thing and have yet to spend I shouldve just bought a fucking Evo and modified it. Oh well I love my Integra and I will have more respect for the car and myself after finishing it and saying "yup I built that" instead of "yup I bought that"

The most cliche saying is also the most truthful statement "cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2"

Cause it cost $10k to have a fast and reliable Honda...shit I wish I had less then 10k in my Integra, I still dont have any turbo parts yet I am up to over 12k in receipts...

Thank god this is the last car i build for a long time. Honestly looking back at it, for the ammount of money I have in this damn thing and have yet to spend I shouldve just bought a fucking Evo and modified it. Oh well I love my Integra and I will have more respect for the car and myself after finishing it and saying "yup I built that" instead of "yup I bought that"

The most cliche saying is also the most truthful statement "cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2"

Thats way more then I have in my car including buying the car and like i keep saying my green car was a great example of cheap and fast

Thats way more then I have in my car including buying the car and like i keep saying my green car was a great example of cheap and fast

See you can only have 2 out of 3 lol. You also gotta consider I have 1k dollar rods, 1k dollar sleeves, a 1500 dollar head, 1500 dollar transmission...the list just grows lol. You can get away with having less money in a Honda if you buy alot of used parts and catch somde killer deals along the way. I have done neither lmfao!! I cannot find anything for a bargain that I wanted so I had to buy everything new.

Hell I kinda cheaped out on my transmission to be honest. For my power goals I should really look into an MFactory gearset, I just can't see dropping 6500 on a transmission lol.

^^^That's retarded IMO. I don't even have half of what you have in "receipts for a non-running car" in my car, and it went mid 13's stock last week. With the other $6k I'm sure i could pull off low 10's or better.

But hey, that's why this is America and you're free to do as you please.

^^^That's retarded IMO. I don't even have half of what you have in "receipts for a non-running car" in my car, and it went mid 13's stock last week. With the other $6k I'm sure i could pull off low 10's or better.

It is all about economy to scale my friend :) Building different cars for different goals has different costs. 6k for an f-body might get you into the 10's but not for long if you don't beef up the driveline and stuff.

I added up the costs to just do a driveline (trans and rearend) for my car and it is going to be 4k to do that.

Its not always that easy, yeah 6k looks good on paper to go XXX amount of fast, but just the prices in driveline will be around what you want to spend to go 10's, try aleast doubling that number. What about the labor you do 100% of the work yourself? start adding that on. Im sure you can run 10's for 6k , if its so easy and cheap how come out of all the lsx straightline cars only so many runs 10's? because its not as easy as you think.

Who cares let the kid learn, We can give all this insight but he will do what he wants I know I did....

But what do I know.

BTW Pulling a motor is cake I was scared the first time me and a friend did it on his car but it just takes time and patience, Only hard thing is actually pulling the motor other stuff is easy like draining the fluids and unbolting the motor mounts and trans.

After that just yank it out.

Who cares let the kid learn, We can give all this insight but he will do what he wants I know I did....

But what do I know.

BTW Pulling a motor is cake I was scared the first time me and a friend did it on his car but it just takes time and patience, Only hard thing is actually pulling the motor other stuff is easy like draining the fluids and unbolting the motor mounts and trans.

After that just yank it out.

Thats what im saying, fuck what everyone else thinks, wrong or right you're going to do what you want.

Ive seen what it takes to get 520whp out of an Integra...lots and lots of wasted money. Not to mention anything more than say....300whp in a fwd car is just a big giant waste.

How is it waste for a fwd to have 300+ hp. Not everyone wants awd, I can care less. I'll get my civic to hook one way or another Just take time to setup my suspension so:gtfo:

See you can only have 2 out of 3 lol. You also gotta consider I have 1k dollar rods, 1k dollar sleeves, a 1500 dollar head, 1500 dollar transmission...the list just grows lol. You can get away with having less money in a Honda if you buy alot of used parts and catch somde killer deals along the way. I have done neither lmfao!! I cannot find anything for a bargain that I wanted so I had to buy everything new.

Hell I kinda cheaped out on my transmission to be honest. For my power goals I should really look into an MFactory gearset, I just can't see dropping 6500 on a transmission lol.

Ya I cheaped out on my trans to I just needed one to get the car going lol But I'm going with a dog box trans lol $$$$$

How is it waste for a fwd to have 300+ hp. Not everyone wants awd, I can care less. I'll get my civic to hook one way or another Just take time to setup my suspension so:gtfo:

Even less people want FWD, its not about AWD. What does your civic make? I've driven a 450 and a 520whp integra multiple times, and its completely fucking useless because it doesnt have traction. FWD is not designed for power, its cost effectiveness. You can mad toonz your suspension all you want, without some serious rubber shit isnt hooking.

So how is it a waste? You have a $10K+ investment in an old ass integra, that makes good HP numbers, shitty torque numbers, and will run 13's all day, I believe that right there is the definition of a waste. "Yeah but its fucking sweet on the freeway" :rolleyes:

Even less people want FWD, its not about AWD. What does your civic make? I've driven a 450 and a 520whp integra multiple times, and its completely fucking useless because it doesnt have traction. FWD is not designed for power, its cost effectiveness. You can mad toonz your suspension all you want, without some serious rubber shit isnt hooking.

So how is it a waste? You have a $10K+ investment in an old ass integra, that makes good HP numbers, shitty torque numbers, and will run 13's all day, I believe that right there is the definition of a waste. "Yeah but its fucking sweet on the freeway" :rolleyes:

Well i'll tell you what, ill bring my 16 year old econo box that doesnt run out this summer. you bring out your bike and well see how that works out for ya? You wanna lock this in? Just shoot me a pm lol. And since when did 13s become impressive? I could've bought a stock LSX powered car, added a shot of nitrous like 90% of the car forum and called it a day, instead I actually BUILT something with MY OWN money that I WORKED FOR. I mean we can turn this into a pissing match if you want, we can even make it a dick measuring contest doesn't matter to me. Or we can just line up and fucking go and see what happens when the dust settles if you raelly want to:)

oh and my non running old ass car will be running next weekend...eat shit!

Well someone got butthurt.

Good for you, you built a car you wanted with money that you had, while Jeff here on the other hand wants to save a bit of money.

I didnt say 13s were impressive, quite the opposite when you have 10s of thousands of dollars into a light ass car, making 500whp and up.

I assume you want to run my bike at the track down the 1/4 because street racing is a no no, well I really have 0 desire or plans to a) run my bike down the quarter b) race an integra. So in that case you can run your car and I'll be waiting for you to be on the CR Fast List and I better see 11s. But then again Im sure you picked to run my bike because its a 600 and from a roll just about any decent running car should beat it, why not call me out in my car?

Fuck it not gonna trash this thread anymore. Kickass if you want to set something up just shoot me a pm and we'll go from there!

BTW to the OP sorry for thread jacking and also I know where a 90-93 Integra is at for 3500 that runs 13.1 on street tires and has plenty of room to grow.

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Fuck it not gonna trash this thread anymore. Kickass if you want to set something up just shoot me a pm and we'll go from there!

BTW to the OP sorry for thread jacking and also I know where a 90-93 Integra is at for 3500 that runs 13.1 on street tires and has plenty of room to grow.

not interested in hacked cars.