Android Peeps got some questions for ya

justinwebb

So my girlfriend (not I lol) is looking to get a new phone and is interested in the droid but not sure which one to get. She is looking at the droid and the incredible. can the incredible be "rooted" or whatever you guys call it to install apps and such and mod it from stock? any one own an incredible that can say any likes or dislikes? Any reason to get one over the other?

I haven't heard much about rooting the incredible. It is similar to some of their existing phones, so I imagine it will not be very long until it is rooted.

Get a droid if you demand a physical keyboard. Otherwise, the incredible is a beast.

Guest tbutera2112

guy at my work went from the droid to the incredible and said its 100x times better...he said its the best phone ever invented (and hes had them all pretty much).... i guess its night and day over the droid

ide personally take the droid for the keyboard, but im sure you would eventually get used to the digital keyboard

^^^

The droid is not a slow phone by any means. Bugless Beast 1.0 was released just last night, and with its new custom kernel, its gotten way speedier. My phone can't handle the 1ghz kernel, and is running at 800mhz. Before I was running at 1.2ghz, and it is faster now at 800!

The digital keyboard is easy to use on both devices.. I am using it more so now on my droid than the hardware keyboard for short to mid-length messages.

The physical keyboard of the droid is nice but the keyboard on the incredible is huge. The incredible also passes the finger nail test where as the droid wont respond to the tip of a fingernail. Since its a woman using it the nail test is usually a deal breaker.

I have both phones and the difference isnt night and day at all. Other than the camera and the .03 sec faster it pulls up things its similar. If you have a rooted droid you wont notice anything other than the camera and the stuff htc added to it. Also keep in mind the processor was dumbed down to conserve battery life so the incredible isnt even running at full speed. If that thing is ever rooted it will be super wicked fast!