Cbus Red Light Cameras

KennyFKINPowerz

It's fucking annoying because I see this at Easton, ALL the time... NOBODY ever stops at the stop signs. Not that it's really relevant to red light cameras, it is really annoying.

I meet my wife for dinner up in north westerville all the time and sit in the parking lot watching the traffic do this same thing. If I were I cop I could nail 99% of everyone there. The tires never even stop spinning before they go.

Look up the accuracy of these things. In many, many cities, the cameras have been found to deal out tickets WAY more often than they're deserved. There's been quite a bit of controversy over these things. Multiple cameras in various cities have been observed taking pics and issuing tickets to those who've gone through a yellow or have even been stopped at the damn light. These are only a couple examples of various issues.

I see so many redlight runners around OSU, it's not even funny. Best to do a 3-second count before pulling into an intersection on a green light, lest you get broadsided. Running redlights KILLS motorcyclists, remember? I have no sympathy for those who run the light and if I, myself, make a mistake like that then I deserve a ticket too.

I understand the argument about the cameras being way too liberal with ticketing, however, a lot of that is how the cameras are programmed and the process for issuing tickets. The best and most effective systems involve 100% review by an officer/official before the ticket is issued. The chance of making mistakes is drastically reduced, and the fines collected more than pay for the officer's time. California has been doing this for a very long time now, and it works pretty well. You can contest it if you have a legitimate claim, but most people have no excuse.

Look up the accuracy of these things. In many, many cities, the cameras have been found to deal out tickets WAY more often than they're deserved. There's been quite a bit of controversy over these things. Multiple cameras in various cities have been observed taking pics and issuing tickets to those who've gone through a yellow or have even been stopped at the damn light. These are only a couple examples of various issues.

look at the second to last incident where the camera takes a pic in that video posted. it also takes another of a different car. but did they do anything wrong?

i thought I read someplace that these actually lower the number of people running red lights but when that happened the cities that put them in took them out as they weren't issuing tickets anymore

i thought I read someplace that these actually lower the number of people running red lights but when that happened the cities that put them in took them out as they weren't issuing tickets anymore

Because they were not making the city money anymore probably. No matter what excuse they give for putting them up they are not put up to deter Red Light Runners. They are to bring in extra money to the city in my opinion.

• 6 months later...

Bumping this for info. Anyone get caught by one yet? Do they need to photograph you in the car to prove it was you?

Situation downtown today -- getting onto 670 from downtown on 4th st. I have never run a red light in my life but there are those double lights right before the on-ramp. I was behind a guy and the light turns yellow. We were both just going to cruise through the yellow but he slams on the brakes suddenly. I slow down rapidly and change lanes to avoid possibly sliding into him (it was snowing).

Well due to me having to slow down I didn't go through them as fast as I was going to.. and a bunch of flashes went off.

Just wondering what now. I was driving the wife's car so will she get the ticket? lol..

Not really even sure I was in the wrong. Others went through it too. Maybe they didin't go off for me.

Bumping this for info. Anyone get caught by one yet? Do they need to photograph you in the car to prove it was you?

Situation downtown today -- getting onto 670 from downtown on 4th st. I have never run a red light in my life but there are those double lights right before the on-ramp. I was behind a guy and the light turns yellow. We were both just going to cruise through the yellow but he slams on the brakes suddenly. I slow down rapidly and change lanes to avoid possibly sliding into him (it was snowing).

Well due to me having to slow down I didn't go through them as fast as I was going to.. and a bunch of flashes went off.

Just wondering what now. I was driving the wife's car so will she get the ticket? lol..

Not really even sure I was in the wrong. Others went through it too. Maybe they didin't go off for me.

I believe in the city of columbus an officer has to review the photo, then issue a citation based on the evidence. I ran the one on Henderson about a year ago - wasn't that late going through the light and there wasn't any traffic (like period) but the the camera still went off...Never got a ticket.

I believe in the city of columbus an officer has to review the photo, then issue a citation based on the evidence. I ran the one on Henderson about a year ago - wasn't that late going through the light and there wasn't any traffic (like period) but the the camera still went off...Never got a ticket.

Some have video too. That or they take a nice time lapse. My wife go nailed a few years back on a right on red and we watched the vid online :D That's her only ticket ever.

They send the ticket the registered owner of the car. The registered owner can either pay or "nominate" someone else for the ticket. Given the circumstances you may not get a ticket with all the swerving and trying to avoid hitting the other car. If you do get one you can always schedule a hearing for it and explain the situation.