Columbus Micro center.

Guest 614Streets

Guest 614Streets

So I bought a computer from Columbus Micro center on Feb 11th 2010 for my work computer after the one I got from Blair technology group took a dump( It didnt last long either).

Well today the pc died , either the mother board or the hard drive. So 3 months later is what someone should expect from a Micro center pc? Anyways I will not be suggesting them for anything.

Went to best buy and grabbed a compaq and a 20 inch flatscreen for the work pc.

microcenter has excellent return ethics. i returned some memory to them nearly a year after i purchased it. as killjoy stated, a water pump can go out on one car, but not another. just bad luck i guess. also, microcenter is only the middleman. cant blame them for the computer dieing.

if it was one of those "redhat" redemtech machines then that doesn't surprise me... Redemtech buys companies old machines after the machines have been replaced with updated machines... I bought my daughter one of those last year and she went through 2 of them before on the 3rd time, they replaced it with a non redemtech machine and it's been fine since.

It was a refurbished machine.

Thats like buying used tires, and bitching when one of them pops. To add to that, they said they would look at it, and you are complaining just because you needed one now?

Sounds like you are just complaining to complain.

Guest 614Streets
Thats like buying used tires, and bitching when one of them pops. To add to that, they said they would look at it, and you are complaining just because you needed one now?

Sounds like you are just complaining to complain.

Your kind of right , but I think 6 months at least wasnt to much to ask.

Guest 614Streets
+1

I CAN'T BELIEVE I BOUGHT THE CHEAPEST REFURB MACHINE WITH A 90 DAY WARRANTY AND THEY DIDN'T HONOR IT PAST 90 DAYS!!

O M G

ASSSHOLES!!!!

Actually maybe they would. But for now today , Im not happy about 3 months.

Guest 614Streets
It is just like auto parts, they don't last forever. Always buy new.

I know I just did :D I probably just got my ass kicked on this one too , but I like my COMPAQ.

Or just bought a non-refurb decent machine for a few duckets more. Especially if it used for business. :p

+1

I wouldnt recommend anyone purchase a refurb unless they are computer literate enough to fix their own shit. Just buy new, get the factory warranty and you wont have any more problems.

Semi related - If you keep burning up computers (particularly if you think it's a board or PS issue) maybe you have spotty/spikey power and could benefit from a UPS. Just guessing, but I have seen several people have repeated failures and we later found that they have spotty power that may have been the culprit (fried board/power supply).

Guest 614Streets
please tell me you didn't buy from best buy....

I did , nobody building computers sponsors CR so where else was I going to go , like crazy kenny or something? LOL. I went to best buy and bought a compaq pc. Mirco center was on my mind but not close enough.

Shats a ups? I have it on a surge protector is that not enough?

That's better than nothing, but barely. A UPS can keep your power to the PC more stable and prevent random spikes or dips from killing parts. They're super cheap nowadays and worth having, even if you just buy a small one of decent quality.

Having said that, I have been using a cheap ass surge protector for about 8 years without any obvious issues. I have always had pretty stable power where I live so I'm a little less concerned, but I should probably have one just for cheap insurance. I recently had a MB die on me for the first time actually, so I probably should quit being so cheap and get a small UPS.