Columbus Micro center.

Guest 614Streets

I did , nobody building computers sponsors CR so where else was I going to go , like crazy kenny or something? LOL. I went to best buy and bought a compaq pc. Mirco center was on my mind but not close enough.

...you bought stuff from Krazy Kenny? You realized that guy sold illegal stuff, right? Pretty sure he went to jail for it.

Guest 614Streets
...you bought stuff from Krazy Kenny? You realized that guy sold illegal stuff, right? Pretty sure he went to jail for it.

no lol never bought from him , i bought at best buy.

I guess that explains their super low prices. I never bought much there since they did not carry the high end parts I was looking for.

BTW, a UPS will help if your power is not consistent (brown outs, surges, spikes) but be careful the cheap ones. Some will power your system from the house current until the power goes out, then it kicks over to the battery. So you don't get much of a filter. Other units will power the PC directly from the battery at all times, so there is a buffer between the wall current and the PC. That will filter your power. It's been a while since I've dealt with them but if I remember right you are looking for an "in-line" unit.

Why can a water pump fail in one car, but in another identical car?

What?

as killjoy stated, a water pump can go out on one car, but not another.

Ah, gotcha. Thank you for making sense of that.

Bro-hampton, you get what you pay for, my man. There are probably 10 guys on this site (including myself) who could build you a work machine for the same amount of money that will be quite a bit better than ones that you bought.

Guest 614Streets
What?

Ah, gotcha. Thank you for making sense of that.

Bro-hampton, you get what you pay for, my man. There are probably 10 guys on this site (including myself) who could build you a work machine for the same amount of money that will be quite a bit better than ones that you bought.

Would you build me one for my house? I think in June I want to buy another desktop for my home office.

Other units will power the PC directly from the battery at all times, so there is a buffer between the wall current and the PC. That will filter your power. It's been a while since I've dealt with them but if I remember right you are looking for an "in-line" unit.

Wat... wut???!? No. You can't power the PC directly from the battery 100% of the time, otherwise you'll drain the battery and have no more power. For the eddification of the populace, 3 types of UPS systems:

Offline: These are the cheapest of the cheap, meant for nothing more than saving your work and turning off. What you have on the input is what comes out the output, with a cursory amount of surge protection. When you have a power blip of any sort, it cuts over to battery. Save quick and shut down until the power gets back to normal.

Line-Interactive / AVR: Better than an offline, and able to adjust for brown-outs or surges without changing over to battery power. What I'd recommend for most home users, but again, save and shut down if it looks like the power's going to be wonky for more than just a few minutes. Business-type units can have extra batteries slapped on to keep their servers running for an hour or two before shutting down.

Online: Bridge-rectifier front end, capacitor-backed internal DC bus, sinewave inverter output. This is the high-end system meant for serious business and network gear. You can almost always strap extra batteries to these, and they're also generator-compatible (unlike the offline and LI/AVR systems, which see the frequency wiggle as bad power and cut to battery).