Ordered a new 5.0 today

BradyPPC

Well I finally bit the bullet and ordered a new car today. Ordered a 2011 Mustang GT for me to drive, mostly for street use and for a demo car in our showroom in Lewis Center. Car will be sterling gray with the glass roof. Well.....at least to start out. So for all of you that tell me everytime you see me that i need to go out and buy something, you got your wish!

Yes, congrats!

Did they give you an approximate delivery date ?

Yeah, but I dont remember what it was. I wanna say something like 6-8 weeks. The brembo package had a ship through on it which they said would probably add a little time. Im not really worried about it. When it gets here, it gets here.

Yeah, but I dont remember what it was. I wanna say something like 6-8 weeks. The brembo package had a ship through on it which they said would probably add a little time. Im not really worried about it. When it gets here, it gets here.

That's almost no wait at all, really. Nice choice sir.

Thanks guys. Not really sure what my plans are for it yet. It will probably start out as a bolt on car and eventually end up with a positive displacement blower. Ill figure it all out once I get the car in my hands.

The brembo brake package is not the best brake package out but it is a whole lot better than the base brakes. Plus when you add the brake package you automatically get the nicer 19" wheels/tires. The 19" wheels should be easier to flip once I put a nice set on the car.

The interior will definitely need some work. I dont care for the oem leather at all. Ill probably gut that out pretty quickly once I have the car and get something a lot nicer in there.

Knew you'd go for the glass roof :cool: Better choice than a vert, that's for sure. Shoot me some pics when you get it in. I too would love to see the baseline pulls, but knowing you, it won't stay stock for more than a day.

Yeah, it adds a little weight but really its just to have fun in. It really adds an open feeling to the car. I forgot to mention, I also opted for the 3.73 gears. I could have put them in but it was money well spent not to have to touch it.

Yeah, it adds a little weight but really its just to have fun in. It really adds an open feeling to the car. I forgot to mention, I also opted for the 3.73 gears. I could have put them in but it was money well spent not to have to touch it.

I was shocked when I heard 3.73's were an option. Seems like the Brembo and 3.73 package are the norm for the new GT's. I have a feeling a corsa cat back has already been ordered, along with a JLT CAI.

I was shocked when I heard 3.73's were an option. Seems like the Brembo and 3.73 package are the norm for the new GT's. I have a feeling a corsa cat back has already been ordered, along with a JLT CAI.

No, nothing has been ordered yet. The exhaust is a little different from the previous model year and wont bolt right up. It is either wait until something is released or custom fab something. Right now, Ill wait until the car comes in to order anything. If something is out by then, great. If not, Ill make it. Dont know if JLT has anything yet either, havent even looked but I will probably look into a few things over the next few weeks when I get time.

Care to share how much $$$ that set you back?

I dont really want to get into pricing. I am purchasing this one from Keim Ford. My dad's cousin is the sales manager over there. They took pretty good care of me on price and were easy to work with.

On pretty much any Ford I buy, I would tend to either buy from Dino over at Keim or from Jason over at Chapman Ford (OSUGT on the board). Both guys are great to work with and have hooked me up in the past. I bought my last car from Jason and went with Dino this time. Both have been great experiences and I wouldnt hesitate buying from either again.

Care to share how much $$$ that set you back?

Well, the base for the GT is $30,495 (w/destination fee) and I bet it add a few grand (~$4k) on from the brake package, gears and the glass roof. The link that i posted says $32,800 (not sure if this is with or w/o destination fee) for base GT+Brembo's+3.73 gears. That gives you a rough idea.

No, nothing has been ordered yet. The exhaust is a little different from the previous model year and wont bolt right up. It is either wait until something is released or custom fab something. Right now, Ill wait until the car comes in to order anything. If something is out by then, great. If not, Ill make it. Dont know if JLT has anything yet either, havent even looked but I will probably look into a few things over the next few weeks when I get time.

Have it at the shop come September when I swing in for 2 weeks. I may just have to go take a look at one.

PS- It'll be funny to see you make more power than Larry's :lol: