New truck fo me

Mattsn2o281

So it looks like i'm finally getting rid of my mustang, tommorow i'll be trading it to a buddy for his 04 f350. 6.0 Diesel, crew cab long bed, and thank god, its already got the heads studded and egr delete kit. that stuff and aside from the janky exhaust, its all stock with 90k on the clock. Only downside is that it has the base interior, so thats one thing i'll be changing asap.

I think i'll miss the mustang, but hell i need a baby hauler, and at the rate my boys are growin, i'm gonna need the power that truck has to get em around lol.

So who else is in the diesel club? and i noticed the fast truck post, i'm gunnin for mid 13's in a 8000+ lb truck lol!

I'll post pics up tommorow

sounds like a hell of a deal for you unless i'm mistaken...04gt isn't worth 10k whereas I'm sure an 04f440 diesel crewcab, 4x4 with under 100k is worth a pretty penny, right?

Mustang is around 8.5-11k, truck is 17-20k. the trucks not perfect, needs a lil work on the front end, and cleaned up and detailed something horrible. But yea in the end i'm coming out way ahead, plus i plan to put a plow on it this winter. never got the mustang to make me any money lol.

hey is sct the best way to go? and can dyotune do diesels? he did wonders for my mustang. exhaust is ordered. full 4" mbrp or something. i'm gonna make my own 4" CAI and box for it, not a big fan of an open element in the engine bay. also, whats the best additie to run as far as cyl lube? i heard this ultra low sulfer shit thats at all the pumps is hard on motors not made for it.

And i am fuckin lovin this thing. i had no idea a truck this big can move out like it does.

Guest tbutera2112
hey is sct the best way to go? and can dyotune do diesels? he did wonders for my mustang. exhaust is ordered. full 4" mbrp or something. i'm gonna make my own 4" CAI and box for it, not a big fan of an open element in the engine bay. also, whats the best additie to run as far as cyl lube? i heard this ultra low sulfer shit thats at all the pumps is hard on motors not made for it.

And i am fuckin lovin this thing. i had no idea a truck this big can move out like it does.

jegs has a 4" turbo back for $300...you can do the DIY intake mod (6337 mod) its a 7.3 mod but im sure you can do it on the 6.0 (unless its a stock type setup on them..not sure, i have heard that 6.0s have the best stock intake as-is and to not mess with it)...as for having an open filter in the bay, get one of those covers that goes over the filter to keep the shit out, if you dont know what i meant ill go get a pic off my truck for ya....as for that low sulfur gas, i dont think you need to add anything unless your truck is newer than 07...i heard from a friend that a lot of people add 2 stroke oil, like for a dirt bike, in their diesel fuel to lubricate

Yes, go SCT for anything Ford. The Livewire is cool if you want to monitor EGT, Boost etc.. But personally, I'd just go with the Xcal. You'd be shocked with the gains on the Xcal, to the point I haven't seen a real reason to tune it. I liked MBRP because their exhausts are straight forward, high quality, and not a pain to install. I think Amsoil had some additives for diesel, but I'm not 100% on their product line.