College Football - 2010

Dr. Pomade

Nothing is especially easy when it comes to that level of competitive sports. I was really just saying that we never seem to have a guy with both sure hands and blazing speed. We always seem to have to sacrifice one for the other.

Also, media day was today and I thought this picture was pretty awesome...

http://images40.fotki.com/v775/photos/7/798917/8959833/100808_0408-vi.jpg

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big ten network had the champ sports bowl on from last year, wisconson vs. miami and miami looked horrible. I know it's a new year and they've had all summer to prepare for osu but the night game at camp randall seems like it will be the tougher game of the two

That's a cool pic

OSU @ Wisconsin is definitely the most worrisome game to me. Camp Randall is a hostile environment and they return pretty much their entire offense including one of the best offensive lines in the country. We don't have the depth of talent on the DL like we did last year to just wear those big guys down. I'm also more concerned about the game @ Iowa than the Miami game.

Miami may look like a tougher game after the Marshall game though. If the team looks out of sync against Marshall (especially offensively - we've had some pretty slow starts under Tressel) then the Miami game becomes much scarier.

• Confused 1

Pryor announced Monday that he has no plans on leaving school early, so it could possibly be back to back NC's and Heismans if this team lives up to the pre-season hype.

he wont be a heisman this yr, schedule is rough next yr though. back to back would be sexy though

Hardest game is going to be the one against Wisky...I think he puts up huge numbers and will be invited to NY. I honestly think the QB from Boise wins it. I can garauntee you it wont be Ingram from Bama to win it again. If Tebow couldn't win 2 Heismans, no way in hell that kid is going to. He might not even be the best RB on Bama's team, they have a Freshman that is ridiculous and is going to split carries with him.

Hardest game is going to be the one against Wisky...I think he puts up huge numbers and will be invited to NY. I honestly think the QB from Boise wins it. I can garauntee you it wont be Ingram from Bama to win it again. If Tebow couldn't win 2 Heismans, no way in hell that kid is going to. He might not even be the best RB on Bama's team, they have a Freshman that is ridiculous and is going to split carries with him.

wisconsin iowa and penn st are good. penn st has to find a qb but they are always solid as hell. the qb from houston is a big numbers player as well, its gonna be a fun yr

I don't think Pryor's numbers will be all that much higher than last season's. Bear in mind, he had more total yards last year than Troy did when he won the Heisman. So the numbers won't prevent him from making it to NYC if he's on an undefeated team on its way to Glendale. Here are my expectations/estimates of Pryor's numbers this year...

2,750 yards passing, 24 TD's, 8 INT's - about 700 more than last season, 6 more TD's and 3 less INT's

750 yards rushing, 7 TD's - right about the same as last season, same TD's - attribute this to fewer called running plays for Pryor due to massive depth and talent at the RB position and Pryor not taking as many silly sacks

So 3,500 total yards and 31 total TD's. That gets him to NYC at the end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Depth chart for Marshall was released today. Some surprises and some things we knew were coming...

-- C.J. Barnett starting over Ohrian Johnson at SS (might be an injury thing but Barnett is good)

-- Sabino an OR backup at middle linkebacker along with Klein, Sweat the SLB backed up by Newsome (Sweat has had an amazing camp and healed from his ACL thing faster than even he could have expected)

-- Both Corey Browns in the two deep (though Philly shares an "or")

-- Adams, as expected, starting, backed up by Miller. Norwell backup at RT (fucking Marcus Hall :facepalm: )

-- Boom and Saine the only backs listed and as an OR

Rolle is the Mike backer backed up by Sabinio and Klein

Homan is the Will backer

Sweat isthe Sam

That is a pretty good starting 3 at LB'er

However since OSU runs nickel so often Sabino/Sweat wont see a whole lot of time as Tyler Moeller will be playing the star position.

Honestly I am pretty dissapointed so far by Etienne Sabino, kid was a monster in highschool and cannot get on the field going into his JR year. Next years depth chart is just as stacked at LB as it is this year with most likely a starting lineup of Sweat/Klein/Bell

The D-line should be fine, honestly I don't like Barnett as a safety considering he was a CB in highschool. I guess the coaches know more then we do so well just have to hope they got that one right. Hall is prob the 4th back on this team and could easily become the 5th rb. You have Saine, Herron, Berry (5 star whos finally healthy), Carlos Hyde (highly recruited back from Florida) and then Hall.

Alot of ppl got on the Jordan Hall hype train last year after he looked good in mop up duty. I honestly still think he was a ploy to get Pryor to goto tOSU, but hey it worked so whatever.

Hall can't run inside like hyde and berry, but is a good reciever out of the back field and can run off tackle. He looked good in the spring game doing just that. I wouldn't expect much time after saine and herron except mop up duty anyway, just though it was interesting they didn't even list anybody.

also interested to see who steps up as pryor's 3rd receiver, all the hype is on stoneburner right now

People didn't hop on the Hall hype train because of mop up duty, they hopped on it because of the way he performed in practice. He never really got a chance to shine on gameday because he was a true freshman still needing to learn stuff like pass protection. But people who see practices thought (and still think) he is actually the best pure RB on the team. Offering Hall had nothing to do with Pryor, OSU doesn't waste scholarships like that.

Also, people who saw Barnett play in HS figured he'd be moved to safety once he got to OSU. He doesn't have the hips or closing ability of a college/NFL CB.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Sabino. Sweat was not expected to recover this quickly and this well from the ACL so people naturally thought Sabino would get the open spot and Sweat would redshirt to create separation. Maybe Sabino can get some reps at the LEO spot behind Nate Williams or something.

And I was really worried about DL depth coming into fall camp, we lost 2 starters and a lot of quality depth from last year coming into this one but with John Hankins showing up and reportedly being a monster (who isn't a monster at 6'3", 340?) on the inside along with Bellamy looking good I'm feeling better.

OSU doesnt waste scholarships, really? Please explain to me why Archie Griffins kid is on a full ride then, I saw that kid play in highschool last year and he was not impressive at all.

There has been reports of Sabino being tried out at the LEO, but I don't think that has progressed into anything.

Scholarships are renewed on a yearly basis. Obviously it's very rare that OSU doesn't renew a student-athletes scholarship but that seems to be the idea with Griffin. We had an extra scholarship since we weren't going to take Latwan Anderson and we weren't going to get Seantrel Henderson (both in the 2010 class with Griffin) so they put Archie's kid on full ride for a year. If he stays on scholarship past that then there will probably be a lot of upset people because the 2012 class in Ohio is absolutely loaded and we're tight on scholarships for that year as it is.

You cannot take the kids scholarship away unless he is failing in class and is injured and career is over, even then they wont do it. Its a legal binding contract, they shouldn't have given him one point blank. He is Archies kid, pretty sure he could've went to school for free regardless. I do agree that the 2012 class is loaded, lets just hope they can sign a couple linebackers because I dont see them taking any this year unless its Sturdivant from Glenvill who is already 255lbs and will most likely become a linemen in college.

Oh yeah 6 days to go!

You cannot take the kids scholarship away unless he is failing in class and is injured and career is over, even then they wont do it. Its a legal binding contract, they shouldn't have given him one point blank. He is Archies kid, pretty sure he could've went to school for free regardless. I do agree that the 2012 class is loaded, lets just hope they can sign a couple linebackers because I dont see them taking any this year unless its Sturdivant from Glenvill who is already 255lbs and will most likely become a linemen in college.

Oh yeah 6 days to go!

Huh? scholarships are on a year to year basis. They could take away the whole teams scholarships when they go to renew. They are not 4 year contracts, they are 1 year contracts.

Oh yeah 6 days to go!

I tell you what, OSU has a few really good looking LB's. One is a freshmen that is wearing #33 David Durham i think is his name. He is a breast as a fresh. Cant wait to see him as a junior/senior.