What to drive next?

dover

Guest tbutera2112
H1? Harley 4dr ? Vlrv ?

also a good option if you dont mind the gas mileage...it makes a badass daily!! i loved driving it, just couldnt take 12mpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/misc/0808091325.jpg

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112
Check the newbs out on any Audi/Merc/BMW board.

"Do I really haz To runz premium in this ???

this is what drives me crazy.... whenever someone would borrow my harley truck (which req. premium), they would always bitch about having to put premium in it, i didnt even trust them really, ide just ask for money to do it myself...its like 3 bucks extra per tank, fucking cheap asses

also a good option if you dont mind the gas mileage...it makes a badass daily!! i loved driving it, just couldnt take 12mpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/misc/0808091325.jpg

Fuck that...

Harley Davidson F-250 Powerstroke

http://www.uscardirect.com/images/inventory/58.jpg

Guest tbutera2112
Fuck that...

Harley Davidson F-250 Powerstroke

http://www.uscardirect.com/images/inventory/58.jpg

i agree!!

except, i prefer the 05 because it doesnt have those gay badges and that stripe

http://image.sporttruck.com/f/9847682+w750+st0/0507st_01_z+2005_harley_davidson_f250_super_duty+front_left_view.jpg

^ def. one of the most badass trucks on the road

Andy my budget is between 30-35k for the right car. Granted I'd like to get away spending less, but if I found something worse that would be my ceiling.

I personally think you're on the right track with the C class. My assumption from reading this thread is you've still got the Cobra for when you want to really go have fun. There's something really comforting about having a nice & RELIABLE (read slow-ish) daily driver.

In owning an E55 it's really an outstanding choice too if you want the best of comfort and performance combined in a car. However it's even heavier and less connected on a driving level than your CTS-V would have been. As a matter of fact if you enjoy the driving experience at all it's horrible as a "drivers" car...still fast as stink though. I also will admit that it's the only car that I've ever owned that I'm not looking forward to owning outside of warranty. We've got another 7 months of warranty on our '55 and despite the fact that it's been pretty much bullet proof other than the air shocks I'm still scared like a little girl that something stupid expensive is going to break on that car down the road. Then there's also the fact that it rarely gets over 12mpg. Not a horrible thing but that all adds up in a daily.

Personally I'm more of a BMW guy so I'd suggest you give the 335i a really hard look before deciding on the C Class. Both are great cars.

Andy

I personally think you're on the right track with the C class. My assumption from reading this thread is you've still got the Cobra for when you want to really go have fun. There's something really comforting about having a nice & RELIABLE (read slow-ish) daily driver.

In owning an E55 it's really an outstanding choice too if you want the best of comfort and performance combined in a car. However it's even heavier and less connected on a driving level than your CTS-V would have been. As a matter of fact if you enjoy the driving experience at all it's horrible as a "drivers" car...still fast as stink though. I also will admit that it's the only car that I've ever owned that I'm not looking forward to owning outside of warranty. We've got another 7 months of warranty on our '55 and despite the fact that it's been pretty much bullet proof other than the air shocks I'm still scared like a little girl that something stupid expensive is going to break on that car down the road. Then there's also the fact that it rarely gets over 12mpg. Not a horrible thing but that all adds up in a daily.

Personally I'm more of a BMW guy so I'd suggest you give the 335i a really hard look before deciding on the C Class. Both are great cars.

Andy

Thank you for that, I will for sure swing over and check out the 335i's. My mom purchased one of the first 135i's off the boat and have put maybe 8k miles on it and the last couple years. I have driven it a handful of times and the power is there but we just drove it to Washington DC and my butt went numb 2 hours into the trip! So I plan on doing a lot of searching for a car with very comfortable interior with all the amenities. I am looking for 100% reliability.

One thing I forgot, if you don't need the practicality or utility of a Sedan the 996 TT you had on your initial list is one of the most amazing all around cars ever produced (if you're not going to go crazy with mods). Great driving experience, great power, SUPRISINGLY comfortable and liveable, and the trunk is even capable of holding a good amount of stuff.

You just can't put sluts in the back seat and despite the fact that they're amazing buys you still are going to be 40K -ish for a nice one. If I wasn't hung up on getting a GT3 I'd have a 996 TT in my garage right now.

G8 DOVER G8 lol I dont like the fact that there is so many little things that always are going wrong on bmws... you would be suprised to see how many we fix a thousand miles outside of the factory war. its scary

Guest tbutera2112
G8 DOVER G8 lol I dont like the fact that there is so many little things that always are going wrong on bmws... you would be suprised to see how many we fix a thousand miles outside of the factory war. its scary

he didnt like the cts...i doubt he would buy a g8

One thing I forgot, if you don't need the practicality or utility of a Sedan the 996 TT you had on your initial list is one of the most amazing all around cars ever produced (if you're not going to go crazy with mods). Great driving experience, great power, SUPRISINGLY comfortable and liveable, and the trunk is even capable of holding a good amount of stuff.

You just can't put sluts in the back seat and despite the fact that they're amazing buys you still are going to be 40K -ish for a nice one. If I wasn't hung up on getting a GT3 I'd have a 996 TT in my garage right now.

Andy's suggestions ftw.

996TT > 335 > C300 Sport.

Honestly the C300 may drive pretty nice, but you'll get sick and tired of getting violated from a roll by Camry's.

not a bad idea

Thanks Andy you are a great resource for this stuff! I had no idea where to begin my search.

No problem, I'm in the fortunate position to where I'm car shopping every day trying to find what I want. Just so happens a 996 TT is still one of the cars on my list.

There was a nearly stock Seal Gray one here in Ohio listed a few weeks back for reasonable money but I think it sold pretty quick.

Auto Assets has a silver one with some really nice upgrades on it (still a great, reliable package) but It needs a clutch and it's priced on the high end of the scale because of the upgrades. As Eddie about it next time you talk to him.

No problem, I'm in the fortunate position to where I'm car shopping every day trying to find what I want. Just so happens a 996 TT is still one of the cars on my list.

There was a nearly stock Seal Gray one here in Ohio listed a few weeks back for reasonable money but I think it sold pretty quick.

Auto Assets has a silver one with some really nice upgrades on it (still a great, reliable package) but It needs a clutch and it's priced on the high end of the scale because of the upgrades. As Eddie about it next time you talk to him.

He told me about it, and when you say priced on the high side I know it's on the wayyyy high side, haha.