Look what I found

HAOLE

So I am in Hawaii for about an hour and find this on the side walk. I would say 3-4 carats in size if it is real. I did scratch glass and does not fog when I breathe on it.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs297.snc3/28508_1347566607138_1170508321_30874422_2175324_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs327.ash1/28508_1347566727141_1170508321_30874423_6803444_n.jpg

Some couple's marriage out there is on the line.. two people are cursing and screaming at each other, and you're holding all their world's problems in your hand.

sell it

I woud love to give it back to the poor couple that lost it, but it is not like this has a serial number I can trace back to an owner. I sent my wife the pics and she was all excited about it! I was going to sell it before I leave and she was like..... "Oh no you not!"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs317.snc3/28508_1347892615288_1170508321_30875305_1819978_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs297.snc3/28508_1347892775292_1170508321_30875306_1307154_n.jpg

Wow, I hope it's real. Shit, I thought the $200 I found at Walmart was awesome. You should give that to me. You don't want to be associated with the stigma that comes with owning diamonds. :D I can give you $100 now, before you find out if it's real or not. Hmm. Could be fake. You'd make money... :D

Turn it is to the police department, if no one can claim it in 30 days I think it's yours. That a pretty big rock to not notice it missing. I bet the person that lost is furious.

Screw that. One of their "friends" will report missing.

Screw that. One of their "friends" will report missing.

Yea, I might as well put an ad on craigslist saying "found large diamond", as someone said before. As soon as the jewelry stores open up her I will take it in and see if it is real.

From the side view it looks fake. Look at it from the top, if you can see a black dot in the middle (where the point is), its fake.

I will find out first thing this morning. I am 6 hours behind you guys right now so I have another 4 hours until the jewelers will open up. If this is real, this will be the best trip to Hawaii I have ever made!

I sent my wife the pics and she was all excited about it! I was going to sell it before I leave and she was like..... "Oh no you not!"

If it is real all I have to say is ......... Procharger for the vette!

im glad you happen to catch

stickittothemaniosis

I will find out first thing this morning. I am 6 hours behind you guys right now so I have another 4 hours until the jewelers will open up. If this is real, this will be the best trip to Hawaii I have ever made!

I'd say you are pretty damn lucky. People spend years in caves looking for diamonds and dont find them nice and already cut like that lol

My Grandma has a rosebush in front of her house, right down by the sidewalk, and everybody walking by stops to smell it. She has found NICE diamond rings two separate times in the flowerbed under the roses, where people bend over or something...not really sure how it happens.

She keeps them though, in the same boat as far as being unable to post a "gold diamond ring found" ad.

Most stones of decent quality and size have lazer inscripted serials number on them on the Girdle. You should be able to see it using a 10x loupe if it's got one.

This. My wife's stone is noticably smaller than that and I had in engraved on the side. Depending on how far you want to go down the road of "doing the right thing" you could call around to some of the major insurance companies to see if they have the stone insured by that certificate/serial number.

Of course on the other hand you could be doing someone a favor as they likely had a stone of that size insured and could be now getting a nice size check for "losing" it.

right but if you don't get it appraised every couple years it won't be insured for enough to buy an equal stone in the current market

This. My wife's stone is noticably smaller than that and I had in engraved on the side. Depending on how far you want to go down the road of "doing the right thing" you could call around to some of the major insurance companies to see if they have the stone insured by that certificate/serial number.

Of course on the other hand you could be doing someone a favor as they likely had a stone of that size insured and could be now getting a nice size check for "losing" it.