whats the name of that frame shop?

jonan

i searched and cant find the thread that it was in but someone at some point mentioned a shop up north that inspects frames for straightness and can straighten them as well.

does anyone know the name of the shop, website or anything?

thanks,

Ya mean this guy?

http://www.framestraightsystem.com/

Used to be in southern Michigan, but moved to Tennessee a couple of years ago.

I went to his shop when he was in Michigan. It was a system he designed and it was pretty impressive.

GMD-Computrack ( see: http://www.gmd-computrack.com/ ) sells a system that they devised to shops around the country. I have heard good things about their system, but have no first hand knowledge.

Ask Reuben on the 35Motosports section - he'll steer you in the right direction.

Ya mean this guy?

http://www.framestraightsystem.com/

Used to be in southern Michigan, but moved to Tennessee a couple of years ago.

I went to his shop when he was in Michigan. It was a system he designed and it was pretty impressive.

GMD-Computrack ( see: http://www.gmd-computrack.com/ ) sells a system that they devised to shops around the country. I have heard good things about their system, but have no first hand knowledge.

Ask Reuben on the 35Motosports section - he'll steer you in the right direction.

Does this guy you mentioned that moved to Tenn straighten slightly warped rotors too? When I mention warped rotors, I mean warped just from years of use, not from a crash. I talked to a guy in Cali at GP Frame and Wheel but he never got back to me about sending my rotors in.

If they are indeed warped, just buy some new ones. They don't cost all that much. Getting them straightened would cost a decent bit.

Also, check the thickness of the rotor to see how used it is. If it's near the wear limit, it's not worth making it staight. Most modern rotors have a minimum thickness stamped on the rotor carrier. look for soemthing like "Min. 3.5 MM" stamped on it. Then have someone mic it for thickness. A local machine should would probably do it free of charge for you if you don't know someone with a micrometer.

After my crash last september I went to them mphohio ^^^Doug Duane is the owner/WERA racer and his lead tech is Scott. He measured my frame, very impressive. 90% of the time they will able to straighten it. My frame was just fine but had to throw away the subframe and the fork was twisted 0.9 degree. They will measure the geometry (camber angle) as well.

Ohh. one note they are moving this weekend to the place next to State8 Motorcycles from the former place, so you would not get them until Monday. I know them well, ask me if you have anything.

After my crash last september I went to them mphohio ^^^Doug Duane is the owner/WERA racer and his lead tech is Scott. He measured my frame, very impressive. 90% of the time they will able to straighten it. My frame was just fine but had to throw away the subframe and the fork was twisted 0.9 degree. They will measure the geometry (camber angle) as well.

Ohh. one note they are moving this weekend to the place next to State8 Motorcycles from the former place, so you would not get them until Monday. I know them well, ask me if you have anything.

Next to State 8 in Peninsula (or the Falls)? That's where I took my MSF/bought my bike :D

I agree with Earache. Ask Reuben on the 35Motosports section - he'll steer you in the right direction. When I crashed I dropped my bike off with him. Reuben has some knowledge and skills that others dont when it comes to straightening certain things. He was able to straighten my triple which was messed up really bad, straighten my forks, and straighten some warping in my rotors.

If they are indeed warped, just buy some new ones. They don't cost all that much. Getting them straightened would cost a decent bit.

Also, check the thickness of the rotor to see how used it is. If it's near the wear limit, it's not worth making it staight. Most modern rotors have a minimum thickness stamped on the rotor carrier. look for soemthing like "Min. 3.5 MM" stamped on it. Then have someone mic it for thickness. A local machine should would probably do it free of charge for you if you don't know someone with a micrometer.

I checked out the guy's website from Tenn and it said $10-80 per rotor to straighten depending on severity. According to the pictures on his site. it looks like he machines the rotors the same way rotors are turned for a car. By cutting them down, it eliminates the run out. I cant see this being too expensuive at all. Plus, I dont want to ditch my old rotors because they are polished to match my chrome rims. :smile: