Black hole is officially racist!?

Forrest Gump 9

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember this?

"It sounds like Central Collections has become a black hole," Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said during the Monday meeting. One black official demanded an apology, and Commissioner John Wiley Price, who also is black, said that type of language is unacceptable.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,380143,00.html

And this?

On January 15, 1999, David Howard, a white aide to Anthony A. Williams, the black mayor of Washington, D.C., used the word niggardly in reference to a budget. This apparently upset one of his black colleagues (identified by Howard as Marshall Brown), who interpreted it as a racial slur and lodged a complaint. As a result, on January 25 Howard tendered his resignation, and Williams accepted it.

Wow that's all they do is bitch, They have Martin Luther King day. All of a sudden someone say's black hole and it's in regards to black women? How the hell does that even make sense?

Did you just say all they do is bitch :wtf: I cant stand ingnorance of any color and based on your post I'm putting you in the I cant stand bucket.... I would highly suggest you do a better job of thinking before you post. The correct response is closer to "all the activist do is bitch". Or maybe even I cant stand people that bitch...

P.S.

angryblackman

WHAT THE FUCK DOES MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY HAVE TO DO WITH A BLACK HOLE YOU FUCKING RETARD???

/angryblackman

Remember this?

And this?

Check out the ending though...

Julian Bond, then chairman of the NAACP, deplored the offense that had been taken at Howard's use of the word. "You hate to think you have to censor your language to meet other people's lack of understanding", he said. "David Howard should not have quit. Mayor Williams should bring him back — and order dictionaries issued to all staff who need them."[4] Bond also said, "Seems to me the mayor has been niggardly in his judgment on the issue" and as a nation we have a "hair-trigger sensibility" on race that can be tripped by both real and false grievances.[5]

Well, I'll be.

It makes perfect sense. God forbid we say anything in regards to black and were racist. There is black history month, martin luther king day. Do you see a white history month? My point is how can someone be racist for saying black hole? Let alone it being on a graduation card with planets on it and dealing with outer space. It would be different if there was marking or anything racist on the card. I'm in no way racists but lets talk about the ignorance of how a simple graduation card get's turned into a huge deal because it says black hole and a group of African Americans some how thinks it's demeaning to black women. It's a case where people need to grow the fuck up

It makes perfect sense. God forbid we say anything in regards to black and were racist. There is black history month, martin luther king day. Do you see a white history month? My point is how can someone be racist for saying black hole? Let alone it being on a graduation card with planets on it and dealing with outer space. It would be different if there was marking or anything racist on the card. I'm in no way racists but lets talk about the ignorance of how a simple graduation card get's turned into a huge deal because it says black hole and a group of African Americans some how thinks it's demeaning to black women. It's a case where people need to grow the fuck up

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss269/Petematic/racist.gif

It makes perfect sense.

No

"Wow that's all they do is bitch, They have Martin Luther King day... "

Using the term "they" loosely gives the reader the power to make "they" whomever they want. Considering you added in MLK day I'll have to assume you meant all Americans bitch since we all have that day. See what I did there...

God forbid we say anything in regards to black and were racist.

I love this argument for the fact that most people that say it have never been called a racist. Its just simply going with what has been said for decades. Yes its very true and the black hole thing proves it.. but in real life interactions its more cliché than reality.

There is black history month, martin luther king day. Do you see a white history month?

Again.. what does this have to do with a racist card? Does having a Black History month mean that people cant find black holes racist? Did they listen to the card on MLK day? Or was this just an avenue for you to bitch about how they bitch? The problem with making a white history month is there are too many different groups that make up White Americans. Would it be an Irish month, German, British, Jewish, etc. etc. etc? You would have to dedicate each month to a different group to make it work. If teachers would teach black history consistently throughout the year I vote that we no longer need it. Its typically only celebrated at school, work and through media anyway. Seriously.. how many of you go home and grab a book written by a black auther, cook ethnic dishes, and watch BET for 28 days?

My point is how can someone be racist for saying black hole? Let alone it being on a graduation card with planets on it and dealing with outer space. It would be different if there was marking or anything racist on the card. I'm in no way racists but lets talk about the ignorance of how a simple graduation card get's turned into a huge deal because it says black hole and a group of African Americans some how thinks it's demeaning to black women.

This is on topic and I agree 100%

My first time picking a post apart! Yay me!

Edited by V8 Beast