Verizon iPhone4 looks like a done deal.

SpaceGhost

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not just that, AT&T's horrible coverage.

Case in point, two dropped calls IN MY GARAGE yesterday on my AT&T work phone. I live in fucking Reynoldsburg right off of East Broad Street. My work phone coverage in my house? One or no bars :lol:

Mount Vernon coverage is a joke.

Yep, I agree with Brian. This the 400 billionth CDMA iPhone rumor. I am all for it going to other carriers in the US, but I still just don't see Apple making one just for the USA. It would be a waste of money for them.

Yep, I agree with Brian. This the 400 billionth CDMA iPhone rumor. I am all for it going to other carriers in the US, but I still just don't see Apple making one just for the USA. It would be a waste of money for them.

A waste of money? Seriously? The phone is 2-300 to make, they sell them for 600 or more. Verizon has a huge network with people just waiting for this phone. Waste of money? I don't think I have read a more stupid statement on this site. Bow your head in shame.

A waste of money? Seriously? The phone is 2-300 to make, they sell them for 600 or more. Verizon has a huge network with people just waiting for this phone. Waste of money? I don't think I have read a more stupid statement on this site. Bow your head in shame.

There is only 2 countries on earth that use CDMA widespread, the US and Canada. The rest of the world uses GSM. Wanna rethink that reply?

Hell, Verizon's parent company doesn't use CDMA.

Thank you, GTFO.

You are both retarded. 4g for Verizon will allow customers to litterally use whatever phone they want on their network.

Pat.. making a cdma iphone would result in a HUGE profit. Not only would you have pissed off ATT customers running over. You would also have tmobile, sprint, and existing verizon customers buying an iphone. I would easily bet 25% of the profits would come from people that already have iphones. Millions of people paying $150 - $500 for phones is no where near a waste of money...too bad its probably not true though...

Pat.. making a cdma iphone would result in a HUGE profit. Not only would you have pissed off ATT customers running over. You would also have tmobile, sprint, and existing verizon customers buying an iphone. I would easily bet 25% of the profits would come from people that already have iphones. Millions of people paying $150 - $500 for phones is no where near a waste of money...too bad its probably not true though...

If they did, I would probably be the first in line. But I think realistically. Sure there are millions of people here in the states that want the iPhone, but there are bagillions more around the globe on GSM carriers where there is more money.

The only chance of it happening is when everyone goes LTE, then I see it happening easily. Although if it takes that long, I will likely wait to see how AT&T's LTE network stacks up to Verizons. It will be interesting to see how this works out, as CDMA and GSM tower placements are different, usually, due to the differences in signal penetration, and they will likely be just updating technology on existing towers.

The US is where the iphone sees majority of it's sales, and since majority of people are on Verizon...they would sell like hotcakes. But CDMA is a dying technology, so why bother until verizon goes gsm.

The current iphone/AT&T's 3G bandwidth isnt even compatible with most other countries' 3G.

The US is where the iphone sees majority of it's sales, and since majority of people are on Verizon...they would sell like hotcakes. But CDMA is a dying technology, so why bother until verizon goes gsm.

The current iphone/AT&T's 3G bandwidth isnt even compatible with most other countries' 3G.

It is in Europe, my wife is using her AT&T iPhone in Spain everyday this week. :p

DOn't know but she sure as shit gets data, because she is e-mailing me from her phone, and the hotel Wi-Fi is $20 a day. Fuck that.

This is what he iPhone uses:

Cellular and wireless

UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz) <----3G

GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

I see the iPhone uses both 900 and 2100 for 3g. What are you talking about? Want to re phrase your comment above about "Most" countries can't use 3G data on the iPhone?

You just spreading a rumor someone told you? Think about it, all countries get the same iPhone, so 3G data is the same for every country on the iPhone. It just operates on different frequencies which the iPhone can use.

Something isnt adding up here. Because none of my unlocked phones can get 3G on AT&T, and if you had an unlocked Iphone, it will not get 3G on T-Mobile

More than likely its being rejected by ATT's network based on the serial number and phone number. Some of the global Verizon phones work on the same signal as other gsm companies but even when you force it over it wont pick up a signal.

Not just that, AT&T's horrible coverage.

Case in point, two dropped calls IN MY GARAGE yesterday on my AT&T work phone. I live in fucking Reynoldsburg right off of East Broad Street. My work phone coverage in my house? One or no bars :lol:

AT&T's coverage has been getting worse and worse by the day. Through the rumor mill, i've been told that as things break they are letting them go until they get enough complaints.

AT&T brags about the most bars, sure you may have "full bars" but they still drop calls like mad.

i can tell you exactly when the iphone will be announced/come out for verizon...

the day after i buy a droid. i toy around with my brothers and have been wanting one for a while, but i keep holding off to see if it'll finally come to verizon. im sick of waiting, but i know once i buy a new phone, it'll happen

so i'll make a thread when i get my new phone

Everyone still seems to forget there is still a very real contract between AT&T and Apple for 5 years exclusivity which doesn't end until 2012. I will say that I used flurry in an app my company sent to Apple and we did see that it was used on a CDMA iPad, which would not be covered by the AT&T contract. Just sayin, I still think it will be a while before you see a Verizon iPhone.

Get the Droid X, Droid 2 or Incredible. All great phones, you won't miss the iPhone one bit.

i can tell you exactly when the iphone will be announced/come out for verizon...

the day after i buy a droid. i toy around with my brothers and have been wanting one for a while, but i keep holding off to see if it'll finally come to verizon. im sick of waiting, but i know once i buy a new phone, it'll happen

so i'll make a thread when i get my new phone

the only thing is, i dont use these phones like a lot of you do/will. if i can get on the internet at work, make calls, send text, ill be golden. i am on a razr2 right now, which is serving me fine. its just that theres only a couple simple feature phones anymore that i'd like

i want to get the incredible but the 4 week wait time kills. i hate paying for something and not getting it for a while

the only thing is, i dont use these phones like a lot of you do/will. if i can get on the internet at work, make calls, send text, ill be golden. i am on a razr2 right now, which is serving me fine. its just that theres only a couple simple feature phones anymore that i'd like

i want to get the incredible but the 4 week wait time kills. i hate paying for something and not getting it for a while

Check Best Buy, I ordered mine at Verizon in LA. A week later I flew back to Ohio and found one at Best Buy at Tuttle. They had a bunch while I was there. Bonus was, when I called Verizon to cancel my order they wouldn't let me till I received the phone. Long story short, I got both phones for the subsidized price. Win!