OnLive Just went online in Ohio

Rally Pat

If you are in the early adopter program like me, you should have an email telling you your account has been activated, and a coupon for a free game. I think I am going to use mine on The Forgotten Sands, since I am a huge Price of Persia fan.

I haven't played a game yet, but Ill tell ya, the menus are super responsive, just like being in the 360 dashboard or in the PS3 xmedia bar.

Ok, played through the first couple areas of Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. The controls are a little mushy, but you learn to anticipate them pretty quick. Who knows, it could just be my connection. The video is currently 720p only, but they are going to upgrade everything to 1080p once the service is up and running smoothly. I gotta say, its pretty awesome to be able to purchase a game and play it IMMEDIATELY, not have to wait for any downloading, and barely even any load time.

Its also sweet that they support all sorts of different controllers, keyboard and mouse, xbox 360, their own proprietary one, and others as well. (Not sure about the PS3, didn't plug my Dual Shock 3 in).

Its also really cool that you can, at any time instantly, spectate other people playing games. Right now on my other monitor, I am watching some dude play the beginning of Assassins Creed II.

ill stick to counter-strike =P

But you see, thats the beauty of this service. If you have a crap PC, you can still play top of the line games, because all of the graphics are streamed to your house. For example, my laptop can barely run Counter-Strike Source at 30 fps, but using this service, I can play Crysis if I wanted to.

One demo they gave some time ago was Crysis running on the iPhone.

Thats exactly how it works.

I thought i saw an "OnLive console" on the website you posted up? Im sure there are several different ways you can play as long as your connected to the internet but i thought it was a cool idea that you didnt need a gaming pc to play top of the line games.

I thought i saw an "OnLive console" on the website you posted up? Im sure there are several different ways you can play as long as your connected to the internet but i thought it was a cool idea that you didnt need a gaming pc to play top of the line games.

Yep. Its called the "MicroConsole", its a single chip, and gives you all the same function as the PC and Mac clients. They are also releasing an iPhone app, an iPad app, and they are thinking about an Android app. There is a video on YouTube of one of their guys at E3 playing Borderlands on the iPad.