What's it worth?

Sparky

That's not a bad deal. It gives the impression that the current owner has been good to it, though you can't be sure what the person before him was like. I usually see them sell for around $4k if they're in great shape and unmolested, and around or just under $3k if they're rebuilt, customized/riced, high mileage, etc.

Look for uneven wear on the tires, take your hands off the bars and see if they become unstable, sit nice and straight at moderate speed and look down the centerline for anything out of alignment. The superhawk has dual exhausts, and it's really easy to see a tweaked exhaust system/subframe/muffler hangers because of the symmetry. Also, the fairing stay up front is fragile and easily bent left or right. It's easy to see when you're going down the road. Obviously check the frame for cracks, dents, repairs, etc. The superhawk has a unique swingarm mount that actually is part of the motor, so check for any cracks/leaks/damage there. Wheels bent or dented heavily? Rotors warped/pulsing? Want me to keep going?

I had one like for years ago, think it was a 99 as well. Anyways, clean title, definitely under 10k miles, maybe 7k i think, and i bought and sold it for under $3k the same year, bought in spring, rode/put a couple thousand miles on over summer, sold in fall for close to what i paid for it. I'd offer $2k or less honestly, there just isn't a market for these.