Male pitbull on my porch

Sully

Guest tbutera2112
If you got him trained through me he could be boarded with me and you would know he would be getting pack walks, and his obedience/commands would be utilized on a daily basis. I agree with you though, I don't like standrd boarding facilities. There is no constructive interaction bewteen the handler/kennel owner and the dog.

we boarded my dog at the vet and they said they only let them out of the pins one time per day!! they take them out to use the bathroom one time per day and then just lock them up and forget about them....you can pay extra to have them taken out more than once, but you pay per time...my dog is an old dog and shes never been boarded before then, so we paid extra for them to take her out more...she would die only using the bathroom once per day lol...we wont be boarding her again unless we absolutely have to, but since my dad passed we dont have anyone to look after her if we go places

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we boarded my dog at the vet and they said they only let them out of the pins one time per day!! they take them out to use the bathroom one time per day and then just lock them up and forget about them....you can pay extra to have them taken out more than once, but you pay per time...my dog is an old dog and shes never been boarded before then, so we paid extra for them to take her out more...she would die only using the bathroom once per day lol...we wont be boarding her again unless we absolutely have to, but since my dad passed we dont have anyone to look after her if we go places

That's pretty shitty. At my gf's practice the dog gets 15 minutes in a 15x15 outdoor run 4 times per day and taken out to potty 2 more times. They also won't gaurantee it, but if you have a really nice dog the assistants will usually get your dog out a few more times during the day and play with them. They straight up admit though that they are only there for short term boarding, like going on vacation for one week once per year, not people who need their dog boarded multiple times per year. The kind of boarding Kapok is doing sounds like a good thing for people who go out of town a lot, there need to be more boarding places like that.

Guest tbutera2112
That's pretty shitty. At my gf's practice the dog gets 15 minutes in a 15x15 outdoor run 4 times per day and taken out to potty 2 more times. They also won't gaurantee it, but if you have a really nice dog the assistants will usually get your dog out a few more times during the day and play with them. They straight up admit though that they are only there for short term boarding, like going on vacation for one week once per year, not people who need their dog boarded multiple times per year. The kind of boarding Kapok is doing sounds like a good thing for people who go out of town a lot, there need to be more boarding places like that.

we just boarded my dog for a 10 day trip to arizona, we only go like once per year..looking at going again this year so were gonna have to figure something out...where does your girl work that boards dogs? we boarded my dog at her vet which is that VCA place on sunbury road in westerville east animal hospital

the recreational time isnt a huge deal...my dog is 15, 70 percent blind in one eye and 90 percent in the other...cant hear for shit...she doesnt really get around a lot lol...she only goes outside 3 times or so here...she will run around for 15-20 minutes and come in and sleep...shes in great shape for her age though lol runs around like a puppy when shes not just laying there asleep

we just boarded my dog for a 10 day trip to arizona, we only go like once per year..looking at going again this year so were gonna have to figure something out...where does your girl work that boards dogs? we boarded my dog at her vet which is that VCA place on sunbury road in westerville east animal hospital

the recreational time isnt a huge deal...my dog is 15, 70 percent blind in one eye and 90 percent in the other...cant hear for shit...she doesnt really get around a lot lol...she only goes outside 3 times or so here...she will run around for 15-20 minutes and come in and sleep...shes in great shape for her age though lol runs around like a puppy when shes not just laying there asleep

Her clinic is in Lancaster. PM me when you guys are closer to going. They don't schedule very far out and only have like 10 spots (5 runs 5 cages). I've heard good things about the Big Walnut veterinary clinic or whatever just north of westerville on 3 if you are really set on boarding her at a vet.

Guest tbutera2112
thanks ill keep it in mind LJ, i also got someone who PMd me about grooming and boarding, so i may check into that too since theyre literally 5minutes from here or less lol

thanks ill keep it in mind LJ, i also got someone who PMd me about grooming and boarding, so i may check into that too since theyre literally 5minutes from here or less lol

The 4paws place on waggoner?

or Benchmark?

Guest tbutera2112
im not sure, didnt ask the name just yet but my dog is due for grooming soon, so im gonna get at them shortly and get more info...but yea they said waggoner

im not sure, didnt ask the name just yet but my dog is due for grooming soon, so im gonna get at them shortly and get more info...but yea they said waggoner

Yeah we stopped in there to check it out one day. The only concern we had is that they do not require any vaccines for any of their dogs. As long as your dog is vaccinated it shouldn't be a problem, but that still really concerned my gf.

Guest tbutera2112
Yeah we stopped in there to check it out one day. The only concern we had is that they do not require any vaccines for any of their dogs. As long as your dog is vaccinated it shouldn't be a problem, but that still really concerned my gf.

my dog has all her shots and stuff so im not too worried about it...and i dont even know if thats the place, but it could be....anything has to be better than that vca place in westerville

Yeah, that is ridiculous. That's why when I need to go out of town I don't like taking them to standard boarding kennels. It seems there are two options for boarding dogs, both of which I think suck. 1.) is you take them to a place where 90% of the time they are in a kennel and let out a couple times at best. Is this cruel; imho no, but it's not beneficial either. 2.) is places like doggy daycare where they let all the dogs frolic and play and yada yada yada. The problem with that is the fact that because of the combination of the dogs not have any fomal obedience training or having respect for authority and the people running these places are not PROPERLY supervising the socialization, dog fights bereak out and in in some cases the people get bit trying to break it up. That option is terrible too. This is why any dog I board HAS to be obedience trained and preferably by me. The dogs get exercise, and SUPERVISED socialization with other dogs in the form of pack walks, chilling out togther, etc. Because I only do this on the side out of my home righ tnow I am very limited in what I can do and how many dogs I can take at a time but when I move and have my own facility and do this full time I hope to offer a wide aray of services indluding but not limited to obedience training, behavior modification, boarding, puppy pre-schools (not the pets mart versions), and a form of constructive day care.

(Sorry bout the long windedness. Not trying to thread jack as an advertisement but more so educate my rerasoning behind my statements)

After reading all this...I'm really bummed you didn't keep the dog. A beautiful dog wondering up on your porch out of thin air and staying kind of a fate thing. Call the people and ask for him back. They'll understand.

My friend runs a no kill shelter at her house. She has a ton of property and the dog will be well taken care of for real this girl is a hard core dog lover :) if you dont find the dog a home let me know and ill see if I can get in touch with my friend.

Guest tbutera2112
My friend runs a no kill shelter at her house. She has a ton of property and the dog will be well taken care of for real this girl is a hard core dog lover :) if you dont find the dog a home let me know and ill see if I can get in touch with my friend.

he couldnt find it a home soon enough so he took it out in the field and shot it to put it out of its misery quicker than taking it to the pound and them killing it...you were tooo late :( .....

he couldnt find it a home soon enough so he took it out in the field and shot it to put it out of its misery quicker than taking it to the pound and them killing it...you were tooo late :( .....

please tell me you are not being serious

tyler theres a place off of taylor road (go up broad make aleft on taylor) right before the train tracks. we just took our two dogs there great place. we just boarded both our dogs there last week(picked them back up today) they had a 4x6 indoor with a doggy door that goes outside to a 6x10 pen so they could be in our outdoor the whole time. as well as the people woudl take them out an left them go an run in a big area as well. very clean very professional, an took down very specific details from us to ensure they were the same as if they were at home. very cheap too

Guest tbutera2112
tyler theres a place off of taylor road (go up broad make aleft on taylor) right before the train tracks. we just took our two dogs there great place. we just boarded both our dogs there last week(picked them back up today) they had a 4x6 indoor with a doggy door that goes outside to a 6x10 pen so they could be in our outdoor the whole time. as well as the people woudl take them out an left them go an run in a big area as well. very clean very professional, an took down very specific details from us to ensure they were the same as if they were at home. very cheap too

do you happen to know the name?

Yes, For Paws Grooming and Boarding. Let me know when you want to go. I'll talk to my g/f about getting you a discount. I can't say for sure if she will, but I'll ask.

LJ, that's my girlfriend's shop. If you have any concerns or questions, hit me up and I'll talk to her.

After reading all this...I'm really bummed you didn't keep the dog. A beautiful dog wondering up on your porch out of thin air and staying kind of a fate thing. Call the people and ask for him back. They'll understand.

Actually, they texted me yesterday and said that they need to find the dog a new home. She said that he was on the couch, she was trying to get him off the couch and he growled at her. She said that with having a baby, that scares her, so they can't keep him.

As I stated above, they need to find a new home. Could I put her in contact with either you or your friend? PM me info please!

Actually, they texted me yesterday and said that they need to find the dog a new home. She said that he was on the couch, she was trying to get him off the couch and he growled at her. She said that with having a baby, that scares her, so they can't keep him.

As I stated above, they need to find a new home. Could I put her in contact with either you or your friend? PM me info please!

Can I get in contact with the new owners? This dog NEEDS obidience training NOW.

Yes, For Paws Grooming and Boarding. Let me know when you want to go. I'll talk to my g/f about getting you a discount. I can't say for sure if she will, but I'll ask.

LJ, that's my girlfriend's shop. If you have any concerns or questions, hit me up and I'll talk to her.

He growled and it worked so he positively reinforced himself for it. Doesn't mean the dog can't be trained and be a great dog. If the dog growled at her and he is giving up that easily than I agree she shouldn't have the dog at all but now this dog is going to be labeled as an aggressive dog and going to be even harder to find a home for. Whoever takes this dog GET HIM TRAINED! And not this I give him a cookie and he sits stuff, I mean get him trained by someone who knows what they are doing. If it's not through me I couldn't care less, just get it done by someone/somewhere. I can even recommend some places/people if you don't want to go through me but get this dog trained.