Male pitbull on my porch

Sully

My neighbor brought over some dog food for him. He (neighbor) came in through the back door so as to not approach the dog. I put some food in a bowl and put it out with my hand and even petted him on the back of the neck while he was eating.

if he didn't growl or show any aggression when you were petting him while he was eating then that's a really good sign he's a good dog, dogs that growl or try to bite you when you stick you hand near their food bowl or on them while their eating are the ones you should be aware of, give him some time and I don't think you'll have a problem

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude I will come get him if you dont want him. I love pits. It always seems like these dogs are getting dicked over past owners. There is alittle thing to know about them as they have big hearts, I am sure from the details you are telling me that he will not harm you in anyway. He prolly is looking for help and he will not bite the hand that feeds him, trust me.

They will help you get low cost food, vet bills, etc... so you can foster him. I would reccomend doing this.

Also anyone who is comming to look at him, make them show some sort of papers, etc... showing the original bill of sale. Most dog fighters look for bait dogs this way...they troll the lost pitbulls.

Give him that chicken! Simple boiled chicken and rice is great for dogs! Very easy on their systems. Bread sucks. Good luck with finding his home. You should throw a pic up when you get the chance. I'd help out, but I have a male amstaff, a female pit and a mixed female already.

Give him that chicken! Simple boiled chicken and rice is great for dogs! Very easy on their systems. Bread sucks. Good luck with finding his home. You should throw a pic up when you get the chance. I'd help out, but I have a male amstaff, a female pit and a mixed female already.

x2

Baked or boiled, unseasoned-chicken will be one of the best things you may give him until you have a good dog food to give him. You don't want to feed too many different things at variation either. Try to stay consistent.

Dude I will come get him if you dont want him. I love pits. It always seems like these dogs are getting dicked over past owners. There is alittle thing to know about them as they have big hearts, I am sure from the details you are telling me that he will not harm you in anyway. He prolly is looking for help and he will not bite the hand that feeds him, trust me.

It's not that I don't WANT him. I do. I just can't keep him. I travel too much for work. You know where I live. He's here. I have to leave for work soon. My neighbor is going to look over here throughout the day to make sure he's ok. If you can pick him up today, that would be awesome. Just call me before you come out so that I can let my neighbor know you are picking him up. I'll pm you.

Here's a couple pics of the little guy.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=534&pictureid=4225

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=534&pictureid=4226

Why have you not taken him to get scanned yet? People put chips in their dogs for this reason. Just an FYI, if you were to keep him and took him to the vet and they scanned him, you do realize that they HAVE to take the dog from you and contact the owners and can only release the dog to them.

Why have you not taken him to get scanned yet? People put chips in their dogs for this reason. Just an FYI, if you were to keep him and took him to the vet and they scanned him, you do realize that they HAVE to take the dog from you and contact the owners and can only release the dog to them.

I wanted to make sure he was cool with me and wouldn't attack me before I tried to put him in my truck. By the time I made sure he was comfortable with me, it was time for me to go to work.

If I still have him in the morning, I will take him then.

I wanted to make sure he was cool with me and wouldn't attack me before I tried to put him in my truck. By the time I made sure he was comfortable with me, it was time for me to go to work.

If I still have him in the morning, I will take him then.

I can see if my gf can "borrow" the scanner from her clinic and could possibly swing by your place tonight on her way home (she works in lancaster, lives with me in blacklick). I'll PM you after i talk to her

I can see if my gf can "borrow" the scanner from her clinic and could possibly swing by your place tonight on her way home (she works in lancaster, lives with me in blacklick). I'll PM you after i talk to her

PM'ing you.