Male pitbull on my porch

Sully

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dog needs to be scaned before someone keeps him. Just think if you lost the dog and had him for longer then a day how pissed you would be if someone just gave him away. I hope someone either finds him or one of you guys give it a good home. Good luck.

Dog needs to be scaned before someone keeps him. Just think if you lost the dog and had him for longer then a day how pissed you would be if someone just gave him away. I hope someone either finds him or one of you guys give it a good home. Good luck.

not only that, but like I said if a veterinarian scans him and finds it, they take the dog from you on the spot. Imagine keeping the dog for a year and spending all this money on it just to have it suddenly taken away.

Anyone want to take bets on whether or not the dog is microchipped? I am interested to know.

65/35 it is. Lots of clinics have free and low cost microchipping days anymore. All my parent's dogs are chipped (4) all my sister's (2) and all my grandpa's (5), and well of course mine.

My gf has multiple stories every week of someone bringing in a stray that they kept and she has to scan it and having to take the dog and call the owner. It's never a completely happy story, esp the one where the people had the dog for like 8 months and it was taken away from them. It's safer to just do it upfront, plus the right thing to do.

I know a lot of shelters chip now too, with the shelter info on the chip.

thats a beautiful dog...sucks im living on campus and dont have the insurance on him, otherwise id take him. I have wanted a pit, esp that color. Damn.

Ohio house passed a vote to take the term "pit bull" out of ohio legislation pertaining to "vicious dog."

http://www.journal-news.com/news/hamilton-news/ohio-senate-could-strike-down-pit-bull-vicious-label-735503.html

Hey I just talked to my friend, she is not goin to be able to take him. I thought I had him a perfect home but she is unable to take on another dog. So someone please get this dog a good home if Mike is unable to. Pits are the best dogs with them being extremely loyal and very affectionate to whoever takes them in. Mike good luck, I hope you able to keep him somehow and make it work. I know you wont regret it.

Hey I just talked to my friend, she is not goin to be able to take him. I thought I had him a perfect home but she is unable to take on another dog. So someone please get this dog a good home if Mike is unable to. Pits are the best dogs with them being extremely loyal and very affectionate to whoever takes them in. Mike good luck, I hope you able to keep him somehow and make it work. I know you wont regret it.

Ok. Thanks for letting me know.

Here's a couple pics of the little guy.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=534&pictureid=4225

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=534&pictureid=4226

Man, That is a great looking pit!

Does he look like he'd be a good fighter? I could take him if you think he could be a trained killer.

Nah. He's too affectionate for that.

since when did being a male nurse turn so hardcore?? daaaamn son

When Gaylord Focker stood up to his fiancee's dad.

Tyle being a male nurse is very beast ... an who ever doesnt agree is a homo.. he spends his time ina field dominated by women.... i dont know about u when when i go to the E R theres nothing but early 20 year old nurses around plus the dudes a bad ass cause hes got enough guns to last him threw the apocalyse.....

Guest tbutera2112
Tyle being a make nurse is very beast ... an who ever doesnt agree is a homo.. he spends his time ina field dominated by women.... i dont know about u when when i go to the E R theres nothing but early 20 year old nurses around plus the dudes a bad ass cause hes got enough guns to last him threw the apocalyse.....

i was just giving him a little shit, jump down off his nutsack before you trip and hurt yourself....youre wearing your helmet today right?

Im amazed to see some many people just want to scope this dog up before you see if he may be chipped.

You can feel the chip in the back of their neck. All of ours are chipped and its easily felt through the fur and skin. Its feels like a piece of rice right at the center backside of the neck.

My bet is he's not chipped, reason why is most people who own pit's do not want to pay the insurance on them. By chipping him you are saying "hey I have a full blooded pit". My neighbors have 3 pits, none of them registered because they don't want to pay the insurance...real fucking great should 1 of those dogs get out and attack someone.

Myself I have a boxer/pit mix and he is a pain in the ass, but honestly he is the best dog I have had. He is by far the most loyal and protective dog. When we had our son 5 weeks ago people were telling us to get rid of the dog because he would turn on the baby due to jealousy. They were absolutely wrong, not only does the dog love the baby, but he sleeps next to him every night and does not like when people make the baby cry lol. Heck he barked at me the other day when I was rocking the baby back and forth trying to get him to quit crying.

If you cannot keep him do not take him to the pound and be very leary of people from craigslist. Chances are your gonna get a white gangster kid showing up at your house to pick him up from CL. Chances are also that the dog will be treated poorly and turned mean, which is fucked up and the reason pit's get a bad name.

My vote is on keep him if at all possible, you know they have pet hotels where you can leave your animal should you go out of town. Hell I have a friend that takes her ankle biter dogs to a damn "baby sitter" daily

Heck he barked at me the other day when I was rocking the baby back and forth trying to get him to quit crying.

I hope you understand that this can turn into aggressive behavior from any dog. He is not staying with the baby because YOU told him to, he is doing it on his own accord because in the dogs eyes it is a new introduction to the family unit that is lower on the totem pole than him. He isn't "protecting" the baby out of love, it is status, the baby is HIS responsibility in his eyes. The fact that the dog barks at you when your rocking the baby proves this. Accepting this behavior is playing with fire. You may get burned...hopefully you will not though.