Bought a Prius today. :o

SpaceGhost

not to family...thats the only exception to the rule...youre allowed to gift to family

hell, some hole in the wall places let you gift to anyone you want, but any main office will only allow gift to family

It's not an exception. If the value of that vehicle exceeds 13k (2009's number) then he would have to file IRS form 709 or the "Gift Tax Form". However, if Ben hasn't given out a million dollars in presents yet everything should be just fine :D

What?! You didn't get the solar roof panel, too? lol I kid. There's a ton of little gadgets on those things. Options, of course, that make the price shoot up. Seems like a good daily and especially suited for your mother. Nice going.

Hope you don't have to replace that $4000 battery in it.

I talked to Joe Campbell who is Master Certified Toyota/Lexus mechanic and had him look at the car before purchase. He gave me the OK on it and since he drives an 05 Prius he told me the $4K battery isn't the only option. There are Used Battery replacements for $500-$800. He then said most don't need replaced until 300-400K miles. It took my mom 12 years to amass 67k miles on a civic. I'm pretty sure she will pass before I need to replace the battery. He also said the most common issue is a brake actuator. It's about $1500 job. We will see.

Thanks Nitrousbird for being concerned for my ability to research a car and make a sound purchase. Glad you are in my corner about the Battery.