GM guys lets talk converters!

BlackMess

Well I can no longer take bumping the mess into neutral at red/stop lights therefore it's time for a converter! Contacted Circle D's after reading up on ls1tech but they seem a bit pricey. Any opinions on the best bang for my buck??

Ls1/4l60e Combo for those who don't know.

Well I can no longer take bumping the mess into neutral at red/stop lights therefore it's time for a converter! Contacted Circle D's after reading up on ls1tech but they seem a bit pricey. Any opinions on the best bang for my buck??

Ls1/4l60e Combo for those who don't know.

They are a little pricy, but you get what you pay for. Which one were you looking to get, they have all kinds of options.

You get what you pay for when it comes to converters. It also depends on how streetable you want the car too. PI and Yank do cost a lot but they work great and are high quality.

I have a TCI that was redone by PI and they are great to deal with.

Redone by Circle-D, you mean.

Yes, Circle-D converters are pricey, but worth it. I have one and love it, plus their 3-year warranty is great.

You get what you pay for when it comes to converters. It also depends on how streetable you want the car too. PI and Yank do cost a lot but they work great and are high quality.

I have a TCI that was redone by PI and they are great to deal with.

I have a Circle D, and it's awesome. Heard great things about Yank. These 2 companies are actually making custom converters. Companies like TCI modify old 4 cylinder converters to make them work, and you end up with things like a really small lock-up clutch, and it's just much better to spend the extra money on a much nicer unit. I would honestly have to look up more info for a more detailed desciption, but you do get what you pay for.