Who has the best gas??

newb1984

Just curious if anyone has an opinion on the best vendor to fill up at. I have heard that if you have an older car you should avoid ethanol because it will leave deposits in fuel system, mainly injectors. Any truth to that? What about anything above 93 and race gas, best locations to buy? I find that my car seems to like bp gas even though they have 10% ethanol. Thoughts?!?
  • Downvote 1

I was gonna start a similar thread, but I'll add to this one, our Acura district rep was in yesterday talking to us about who has the best gasoline for todays cars and this has been studied for the past 30-40 years or so, and if your station isn't on the list then your fucked and we all know the station with 2 letters isn't, but this is the site: http://www.toptiergas.com/ click on the other links at the bottom or top of the page for more info on stations and such......enjoy

I believe every gas station in Ohio has e10 (10% ethanol), so theres no getting around that. If you look in your owners manual, it will tell you that your VR4 can take no more than 10% ethanol, so you are good there. The problem is in even older cars, their fuel systems weren't up to par to be able to handle how corrosive ethanol is.

I for the most part believe that gas is gas, but then it is up to the individual companies to add detergents and additives to the gas, which is where the biggest difference comes in. That top tier gas website explains it well.

E85 > *

I was gonna start a similar thread, but I'll add to this one, our Acura district rep was in yesterday talking to us about who has the best gasoline for todays cars and this has been studied for the past 30-40 years or so, and if your station isn't on the list then your fucked and we all know the station with 2 letters isn't, but this is the site: http://www.toptiergas.com/ click on the other links at the bottom or top of the page for more info on stations and such......enjoy

cool site! think i am going to start running exxon, mobile and shell. i use to run BP all the time, then now usally Kroger or Giant Eagle cause I get the rewards!!

ive had pretty good luck with sunoco. i watched a study a while back about how accurate fuel ratings were like 87, 93 and such. sunoco was the closest. I think there 93 tested out be like 91 or 92.

on the top tier site Sunoco Canada made the list, but Sunoco in the U.S. didn't

Through a couple very good tuners I've spoken with, they seem to agree Shell and Sunoco has always tuned well for them. I used to use Mobil occasionally, but I had a bad experience with the Mobil here in Delaware a few years ago. I don't know, maybe I'll start trying them again.

I will verify octanes and prices, but Keith's Sunoco on Indianola Avenue just South of Cooke Road has race fuel. I know they have 110 and 116, they mentioned one other but I can't remember I would assume 100. They said they are competitive if not cheaper than Valero on Hamilton road.

Sign on the front confirms they have it, just go in and ask. They asked me to spread the word. I will start a thread with verified octanes and prices in the next couple of days!