Article about being in prison

Hwilli1647545487

I read it, skimmed a little. did it ever say what he was in there for? I know it was armed robbery, but what did he rob?

What i got from it was that he didnt want to talk about details cause he was worried if he said anything they could use it to put him back in.

What i got from it was that he didnt want to talk about details cause he was worried if he said anything they could use it to put him back in.

yeah, the dude asking the questions asked several times what he did. never got an answer

I've never spent time in prison only county. I will say that county institutions in Southern Cali, for example: The Farm and Theo Lacey, are very prison like and those who've stayed at both a federal prison and one of the 3 county jails there will generally tell you they prefer fed. That being said, I was suprised the first time I did a stint at the availability of drugs there. The hooch wasn't suprising, though. Minorities are never mixed. If it was a large live in cell, you may find a group of whites mixed with some minorities. Anyway, those experiences let me know I'd never spend more than a year in imprisoned. No fuckin way. No way you can take care of yourself for that long. Luckily, I'm a big guy and a smart guy and I'm always put with the latinos where, when I have been incarcerated, I've been 'moved' up quickly, so to speak.

Crazy story, it's amazing what can happen to you in 2yrs. Guy seems like he has a decent head on his shoulders though you can tell he still has some issues. Who wouldn't? I've had friends on both sides, and even working at a place like that affects you in ways you'd never imagine.

I barely got into reading that bullshit before I said fuck it. The guys a fucking liar and a bitch and I know this by just reading a few of his words.

Does he ever name what prison he was at or at least what state?

He acted like he did something and the world fucking changed in 2 years. I would make that motherfucker walk behind me holding my belt loop if he was on my block.

I barely got into reading that bullshit before I said fuck it. The guys a fucking liar and a bitch and I know this by just reading a few of his words.

He acted like he did something and the world fucking changed in 2 years. I would make that motherfucker walk behind me holding my belt loop if he was on my block.

LOL

And then???? I don't want to hear a single person complain about how prison life is now compared to the past. I volunteer time at the old Mansfield prison. That is a real prison. And it was shut down because they deemed it "cruel and unusual punishment." F that, prison is for you to suffer for the crime you committed, not a place for you to just lay back for the next 5-10. IMO...All prisons should be old school designed, no TV, no computer, not contact with people from the outside and military style training and structure. Also a requirement for you to be released, you must learn a skill to help you find a job when you are let out.

Some place in MI. I do think the guy was embellishing a bit. His last little bit about fantasizing about robbing the ATM armored car at the end makes me think that.

Bullshit or not, I found it to be an entertaining read.

Some place in MI. I do think the guy was embellishing a bit. His last little bit about fantasizing about robbing the ATM armored car at the end makes me think that.

Bullshit or not, I found it to be an entertaining read.

Why does that make it bullshit? I've fantasized about robbing an armor car more than I can count on one hand.

And then???? I don't want to hear a single person complain about how prison life is now compared to the past. I volunteer time at the old Mansfield prison. That is a real prison. And it was shut down because they deemed it "cruel and unusual punishment." F that, prison is for you to suffer for the crime you committed, not a place for you to just lay back for the next 5-10. IMO...All prisons should be old school designed, no TV, no computer, not contact with people from the outside and military style training and structure. Also a requirement for you to be released, you must learn a skill to help you find a job when you are let out.

That is how I feel. Prison is not supposed to be a nice place to set and watch tv, exercise , quilt ...etc . It is meant as a punishment, but the inmates should be kept as safe as possible .

That is how I feel. Prison is not supposed to be a nice place to set and watch tv, exercise , quilt ...etc . It is meant as a punishment, but the inmates should be kept as safe as possible .

Yeah, I mean, I'm a liberal/hippie/whatever and the people replying in that thread saying "OMG that's so awful!" Really? It's prison. It's not a vacation. And the guy himself didn't seem to be complaining too much, just explaining what went on. Then all of the people replying are like "JESUS THAT SOUNDS LIKE A NIGHTMARE!" It should.

What forum was that originally from?

Judging from the word filters I picked up on (band = pedophile group, wife = sister, etc.) it looks like it originated on the misc at the bodybuilding forums.

The prison system doesn't look at itself as "a form or punishment" for wrong doings. Hence the reason why the guards official title is "Correctional Officer." The prison system is designed to take individuals who have violated the well being of society and "make" them into better people. Does it always happen? Absolutely not. And of course there are always those individuals that are impossible to turn around. My point is, what good does it do if all you're doing is shunning these people away from society? Eventually they'll be out amongst the good, law abiding citizens again, in which case, they'll be expected to interact in a healthy manner.