Get a call this afternoon.... Jeep FOUND, but f'd

Rhett

Ok So I am out back playing with the dog and get a call from CPD, they found my Jeep on Haromn Ave, Just North of IPS (Those guys did it.... :bangbang: not rly) So I meet the officers there instead of having it towed. I start it with a screw driver since they had stripped the column. Inside is a wreck from them going through it. The tore out the CD player, and stole my tool box (inexpensive tools but hey still tools).

But here is the fucked up thing... my gas guage does not work, and I filled up my tank to go off the odometer to keep track of my fuel use. and it starts leaking out of the top of the tank bad, like pouring out bad. So I have no idea whats up... any help?

The columns are easy to replace.

When the columns are stripped I just swap parts instead of changing the whole column. The last one I did needed a clock spring wiring harness. 1100 my cost from the dealer, for 6 wires that are 2 feet long and some pigtails. F that. 50 bucks and 25 mins done deal.

Cars should be built with self destruct buttons to rid the world of people that steal them.

Congrats on finding it!

AMEN on this...

congrats on gettin it back though. most of the time that i hear about this kind of stuff, it ends about 10X worse than yours did.

But here is the fucked up thing... my gas guage does not work, and I filled up my tank to go off the odometer to keep track of my fuel use. and it starts leaking out of the top of the tank bad, like pouring out bad. So I have no idea whats up... any help?

sounds like the rubber o-ring seal for the top of the tank is bad and the sending unit f/p assy might be hoed fix the colum first and see if that makes the gauge work if not call me and I'll see if I can fix you up with all the parts reasonable

congrats on getting your car back at least it was still in town and still kinda driveable

I know this sounds kind of stupid, but do you think that someone stole it because they have a jeep and wanted to steal your gas tank because they couldn't afford a new one?

just a fucked up thought that went through my head...

Glad to hear you got it back. Just a thought on the gas tank leak. Does your ZJ have the gas tank skid plate? If not, I wonder if someone took it on a joy ride and ramped it off something, grounding out the rear end and busted something with the tank or filler hose. Just an idea. I would check to see if you notice any damage to the rear.