Blackpad

Jizzle Juice

BlackPad will fail, because the only people who buy this retarded shit are Apple fanboys/girls.

"OOOOO!!!! A laptop I have to hold!!!!!!!"

But, on the other hand, there are the wanna-be Apple fanboys/girls who cannot afford an Apple product so will buy this and argue it is better.

Tablet PC's have been a failure for years...why are they now the next cool thing?

Failure? In the medical market they have excelled. I sold Doc Mgt and EMR systems where they fit better than a standard laptop ever will.

"RIM BlackPad Expected To Compete with Apple's iPad"

Made me laugh as I'm still waiting to see RIM really compete with the iPhone in terms of functionality.

Apple products in a highly regulated environment such as healthcare cracks me up. Its funny on so many levels.

+1. Business environments as well. Apple products are NOT secure on a corporate level, as opposed to windows enterprise and *nix based systems.

+1. Business environments as well. Apple products are NOT secure on a corporate level, as opposed to windows enterprise and *nix based systems.

When I worked in the data center at NASA headquarters they had Macs. The same for Procter & Gamble, and any marketing or graphic company I have ever been to.

That ends my portion of the thread derail, please continue.

Failure? In the medical market they have excelled. I sold Doc Mgt and EMR systems where they fit better than a standard laptop ever will.

Made me laugh as I'm still waiting to see RIM really compete with the iPhone in terms of functionality.

Apple products in a highly regulated environment such as healthcare cracks me up. Its funny on so many levels.

Agreed. Show me where they have excelled in the "medical market".

I would also like to know what you define the "medical market" as -- because in the most circumstances, Microsoft dominates the software market in any medical distribution fields.

If not Microsoft; it is SAP.

If you don't see Tablet PC's in the Medical Space, come to work with me and I'll show you thousands. Here in Columbus, all the major hospitals have my products in them. They were my accounts.

I would also like to know what you define the "medical market" as -- because in the most circumstances, Microsoft dominates the software market in any medical distribution fields.

If not Microsoft; it is SAP.

I think some people may have missunderstood Tim's post about tablet pc's. He said tablet pc's but he didnt mention Ipad's or a specific make. Ive seen tablet pc's used in hospitals last time i was at Dublin Methodist (last year) but no iPads.

Back to topic, i thought one of the major companies was going to make a windows based, "media" tablet Pc that could link to your flat screen and do all this cool shit?

I think some people may have missunderstood Tim's post about tablet pc's. He said tablet pc's but he didnt mention Ipad's or a specific make.

Exactly. One of the best ones, and one that I own two of is like this: Only 3lbs and in either 12 or 14" sizes. Shock and splash proof, tough as nails in many different ways. Well worth the price. My wife loves her and I can beat the hell out of mine and have without issue.

Panny is also the only manufacturer that has a laptop that can be put into a full sterilizer to wash off blood and other fluids. No one can touch that shit. Ask any Military outfit, Public Service LEO, Firefighter or even your local AT&T or AEP field service tech. They all use them.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/127036227/original.jpg

Here's one of the newer style. I never had these to sell

http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/img/products/cf-h1/Head-On.jpg

I get wood review the new shit. Makes me wish I was still there. http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/toughbook-products.asp

I think some people may have missunderstood Tim's post about tablet pc's. He said tablet pc's but he didnt mention Ipad's or a specific make. Ive seen tablet pc's used in hospitals last time i was at Dublin Methodist (last year) but no iPads.

Yeah, that makes sense. I thought you were referring to the iPad.

I'm still waiting to see the iPhone ever compete with RIM when it comes to business class smart phone... iPhones have a "cool factor" but until they can completely integrate into what the company wants (IE: BES server where you can setup policies, etc...) RIM will always be the mainstream business class smart phone.

This is coming from an anderoid fan boy also....

I'm still waiting to see the iPhone ever compete with RIM when it comes to business class smart phone... iPhones have a "cool factor" but until they can completely integrate into what the company wants (IE: BES server where you can setup policies, etc...) RIM will always be the mainstream business class smart phone.

This is coming from an anderoid fan boy also....

They must be making headway as our company is the leading provider in Medical Insurance and we are making the switch. Compliance and security are tops on the company books and yet we have both BB and iPhones leading the way over the other smart phones our 4,400 user have.