Random question about my car

Sam1647545489

:cool:

I would think 8-9. But I've never seen it in person. What's the body and interior like?

looks straight and no rust in the usual places but that only appeals to the rust belt folks.

the issue is alot of the guys w legit s50/s52 swaps have a hard time selling their shit for good prices. throw a 5.0L/T in the mix and who knows. BMW literally put out 2.2million of these cars in north america, so the next clean one is right around the block.

Well here is what I got figured out on it:

Car is worth 1500-2000 seeing as it has a no rust and has been repainted and has good paint on it. Interior is good with new dash and seats are not to bad.

Motor alone is prolly worth 500$ as a stock 302

The heads are gt40's with good valve train parts which are prolly worth another 500-600

The trans was about 2500 new with a coan converter and 3 speed c4 manual valve body

The turbo alone was 1100 plus all the piping and intercooler so I would say prolly around 2k or so for the whole turbo kit.

Iforge wheels, I dunno what they are worth. Prolly 1k with tires??????

There is prolly a 1k in the fuel system as well.

Now you gotta figure I guess what it would cost to do the swap even though you never regain all money spent into a modified car but I would say that you would have to get something for the swap. I dunno what that would be. So if you take all that and add it thats about 9500.00 so far. I think that is what I could part it out and get. Now selling it as a whole I dunno?

Well here is what I got figured out on it:

Car is worth 1500-2000 seeing as it has a no rust and has been repainted and has good paint on it. Interior is good with new dash and seats are not to bad.

Motor alone is prolly worth 500$ as a stock 302

The heads are gt40's with good valve train parts which are prolly worth another 500-600

The trans was about 2500 new with a coan converter and 3 speed c4 manual valve body

The turbo alone was 1100 plus all the piping and intercooler so I would say prolly around 2k or so for the whole turbo kit.

Iforge wheels, I dunno what they are worth. Prolly 1k with tires??????

There is prolly a 1k in the fuel system as well.

Now you gotta figure I guess what it would cost to do the swap even though you never regain all money spent into a modified car but I would say that you would have to get something for the swap. I dunno what that would be. So if you take all that and add it thats about 9500.00 so far. I think that is what I could part it out and get. Now selling it as a whole I dunno?

I would say it's definitely worth more parted out.I'm thinking $5k to $7k but haven't seen pics.

3k and a pound of kush sounds about right.

Ha ha ha thats funny. Kush isn't that good of stuff though. Maybe some good purple or northern lights would sound better... In all honesty I would say around 8 to 10 k unless you find some younger kid that wants to be a big dog and oggles at the big boy cars when they come to the meets. You could get say 10 to 13 k maybe a little more if you really talk him into it.

people just aren't paying much for used cars these days--especially highly modded ones or 'swapped' cars. if you wanted to get $8-10k, the car would likely sit until the right person came along. i just sold my '87 fox for $4600 a couple months ago. great exterior, great stock interior, ported GT40 head/cam/intake/full exhaust, tremec 5 speed, suspension work, etc. i had no bites at $6k. as soon as i hit $5k on autotrader, every dirtbag in the world came out to dip their balls in my mashed potatoes. sure, the car was not a turbo car, but i had 15k miles on the drivetrain.

some people avoid swapped cars because they assume things might not be done as well (wiring, setting up the subframe to accept the drivetrain, etc.). or because they'd rather not complicate things like having to mix and match things from two cars when there are turbo foxes on corral.net in the same price range all the time.

either way, the car sounds like a pretty sweet ride---i'd hang onto it.

Do not sell complete- Take partout value and multiply by 2/3 if you do.

I had about 17K in my old 1990 very clean fox coupe- I sold it for 8300 with blower, trickflow top end h/c/i, built 8.8, refreshed t5, Lasota SCT tune with Lightning MAF and 42lb injectors, etc, etc. took 8 months to get it as well... To the right person though it may be worth more- I drove all the way to louisville KY in mine to show it to a guy that agreed upon 12K... he loved it but had never been in a fox body before and was 6'4"- that was a @#%#@% long drive home... I should have robbed him j/k LOL.

I KNOW I could have parted it for 10-12- I just didn't have the time to do it and couldn't bear to tear apart a perfect car I built from scratch. I got almost 2 grand from the little crap I had left over!

If you like it keep it- if you are worried about the stock shortblock aftermarket block is what 1500?

Edited by hpfiend