Whats the fix for this code?

wnaplay1647545503

my dad

jack crosby 614-492-0744. u pulling it or would he need to.

Updated original post to display error code.

He wont touch it. I got a quote from the engine exchange which I may just go with. $1800 for the tranny, $2500 to do the complete job.

Updated original post to display error code.

Edited by wnaplay

I have an appointment with a guiy tomorrow to see what he says. Prices seem fair, but only 1 year warranty. I found a place that does longer warranties, but of course more money.

Options are rebuilt for $1400-$1900 1 year warranty

Reman for $2400 with 3 year warranty

Ebay reman, I do work for around $1400

Incorrect gear ratio, was the code aP0720 or P0730? its common on a lot of Honda/Acura cars, but it means the trans will need replaced unless you can find a shop that can rebuild it, but all Honda/Acura dealers replace automatic transmissions, we only rebuild the manual transmissions.

Incorrect gear ratio, was the code aP0720 or P0730? its common on a lot of Honda/Acura cars, but it means the trans will need replaced unless you can find a shop that can rebuild it, but all Honda/Acura dealers replace automatic transmissions, we only rebuild the manual transmissions.

Can you convince the dealership to replace it under the extended campaign? Its way past the 7 year 100,000 mile extended warranty, but I have heard of dealerships being able to get it done. Thought I'd ask:p

how long have you owned this car? your best bet would be to call Honda customer relations and complain to them, but they will check your service history and if very little to nothing has been done then your s.o.l. but if all services have been done they might take care of it or do a 50/50 split with you.

50/50 split is unlikely. I would expect 35 max.

I've seen customers bring their high mileage TL's in for a trans issue, get pissed at us for telling them they have to pay for it, next thing I know the car is in the shop getting a Honda/Acura re-man transmission for free all because they called customer serivce a bitched, so its worth a try

I've seen customers bring their high mileage TL's in for a trans issue, get pissed at us for telling them they have to pay for it, next thing I know the car is in the shop getting a Honda/Acura re-man transmission for free all because they called customer serivce a bitched, so its worth a try

I have heard the same thing. When theres clearly as well a documented case as these trans, having problems, they all should have been recalled.

Whats the method for replacing or cleaning the egr valve?

Edited by wnaplay

Have to replace the ports in the intake manifold for the egr issue. We don't replace egr's to often.

On the trans issue, maybe Acura is different. Honda's warranty I know. You will NOT get a 50/50 split at that point unless you konw somebody.

Have to replace the ports in the intake manifold for the egr issue. We don't replace egr's to often.

On the trans issue, maybe Acura is different. Honda's warranty I know. You will NOT get a 50/50 split at that point unless you konw somebody.

Jim is our District Rep, he's fair with all our customers, I'd still call it wont hurt anything, and Jason is there a code for EGR valve lift or EGR air flow? BTW Kevin do you work at Roush Honda?