Picked up a new to me boat

Sam1647545489

After a few adjustments on the carb, and after being pissed for 20 mins out on the lake, a quick call to a good friend and found out the little filter on the carb itself was completely blocked not allowing fuel to get to the carb under high load. I took it out and cleaned it out with some cleaner and put it back in and it ran 100x better. Top speed is about 53 ish if the speedo is correct. It feels faster then that but I dunno. It not to bad for a 19 pitch prop and 350 270hp motor. I think I am goin to do a heads intake and carb swap with a 21 pitch prop and see what it turns then. All in all it should only be about a grand or so. I am happy with it, it rides so much smoother.

After a few adjustments on the carb, and after being pissed for 20 mins out on the lake, a quick call to a good friend and found out the little filter on the carb itself was completely blocked not allowing fuel to get to the carb under high load. I took it out and cleaned it out with some cleaner and put it back in and it ran 100x better. Top speed is about 53 ish if the speedo is correct. It feels faster then that but I dunno. It not to bad for a 19 pitch prop and 350 270hp motor. I think I am goin to do a heads intake and carb swap with a 21 pitch prop and see what it turns then. All in all it should only be about a grand or so. I am happy with it, it rides so much smoother.

Wheres the filter? It may be one of my problems as well.

Wheres the filter? It may be one of my problems as well.

There is a filter right inline with the gas line to the carb. Its on the carb, there will be a brass fitting 5/8's, and then another bigger fitting after. Take both of them off and the filter spring is inside them.

Found the filter. It was probably 1/2 clogged or not quite 1/2. I was truley surprised when I went to start it and it fired on the first try(this was before the filter was cleaned). Sam what exactly was yours doing that cleaning the filter fixed? When are you guys going out next? I would like to take mine out but want someone else there who can pull me back in case I break down again while I try to diagnose this damn thing. Edited by wnaplay

Found the filter. It was probably 1/2 clogged or not quite 1/2. I was truley surprised when I went to start it and it fired on the first try(this was before the filter was cleaned). Sam what exactly was yours doing that cleaning the filter fixed? When are you guys going out next? I would like to take mine out but want someone else there who can pull me back in case I break down again while I try to diagnose this damn thing.

Mine would have a fuel delivery issue, as any throttle past 1/2 it would bog down then take off then bog down then take, so kinda like a surging problem. I cleaned this filter out and it made it able to go full throttle with no problems. It can go any throttle now and run like new.:) Now the new window goes in tomorrow.

Mine would have a fuel delivery issue, as any throttle past 1/2 it would bog down then take off then bog down then take, so kinda like a surging problem. I cleaned this filter out and it made it able to go full throttle with no problems. It can go any throttle now and run like new.:) Now the new window goes in tomorrow.

That is exactly what mine has been doing for the last year. Hopefully mine was the same clogged filter. How bad was it plugged up?

Got the new front window in. I used a piece of 3/8 plexiglass. Talk about a pain in the dick hole getting that cut correct with the contour of the window. After 2 hours, its all back together and on the boat. Even without it being tinted like the side windows, the boat looks 10x better. Now I gotta get this stall switch figured out and then its 100% good to go.

• 3 weeks later...