whos going out next?

wnaplay1647545503

I want to get the boat back on the water and keep trying to diagnose this damn thing. Last resort will be to take it to a mechanic, but I want to see if I can get it first. Last time out I broke down and finally a guy came to tow me back. I want to be sure theres someone I know out there who can help me should shit hit the fan again. If someone is going to alum or (yuck) buckeye soon let me know. Thanks I may just wait until wednesday instead of this weekend so I dont get stuck trying to get a disabled boat loaded again in rush hr.

What time are you guys going? I cleaned the filter. It was 1/2 clogged maybe but it was doing the same surging yours was. I dont know why it is now starting all of a sudden. Last time out I had problems getting it started in the drive and finally it did. Went out on the water and it bogged down so I went to a cove and swam. Went to restart and it wouldnt. Got towed back and it has sat until today(few weeks later). Go out to see if I can find that filter you mention and I turn it over for the hell of it to see if it will start and it fires right up. I clean the filter and here I sit ready to test it again on the water. I cant tell if its still broke because its starting just fine now. I know it could use a tune-up and I believe that ignition sensor but for now its running. Who knows once its on the water what it will do. It may stay bogging down, or it may not restart like before.

Also the belts squell like hell. I dont know if dressing will fix that or not.

I wonder if I can make it there on expired trailer tags.

I don't have to work tomorrow and want to see what the Larson runs on GPS. Plus, I never really get to go out and go alone. I usually have other family members to entertain.

Yeah, the Formula seems like a never ending story. I should have bought a crate engine and just dropped it in. I thought I had picked the cheaper route going the way I did and piecing it all together. Wrong. Oh well, if it ever gets done it will be a solid performer. The 2 new aluminum heads are at the machine shop now getting worked over. I will sell the 2 old ProComp heads probably for scrap.

I am putting an interior in the new cuddy. I have to put in a new floor, carpet, and re-wrap/re-create the two rear seats.

I just talked with my buddy and he doesnt need any help tomorrow. If your going out, pm me before you go. I have some quick things to do in the morning and then may come out after, around the same time frame your looking at. How long do you think you will be out? Send me your number in the pm if you go.

Paul my rims are 14". Me and matt went out for a few hrs today. 2mins in I blew both belts off the engine. Luckily the one that was still good was the one I really needed. Get it on and hammer down. The boat wont plane. Ride it this way for a few minutes and eventually it breaks free enough to get on plane and up to about 30. It does this throughout the day and I am hoping that a tune-up will fix it. I dont know why it revs strong in neutral, put it in gear, nothing. Also what sence does it make that it eventually(5mins) it will finally open up enough to get some speed(on plane)? Even at speed it was grossly underpowered like it wasnt firing on all cylinders.

Paul my rims are 14". Me and matt went out for a few hrs today. 2mins in I blew both belts off the engine. Luckily the one that was still good was the one I really needed. Get it on and hammer down. The boat wont plane. Ride it this way for a few minutes and eventually it breaks free enough to get on plane and up to about 30. It does this throughout the day and I am hoping that a tune-up will fix it. I dont know why it revs strong in neutral, put it in gear, nothing. Also what sence does it make that it eventually(5mins) it will finally open up enough to get some speed(on plane)? Even at speed it was grossly underpowered like it wasnt firing on all cylinders.

Replace the plugs.

Had the same issue when I put my crate motor in my boat. Plugs came with it, gapped correctly, looked good, but were for some reason bad. I rebuilt the carb, cleaned the whole fuel system, rebuilt the fuel pump, went through the ignition system...all the while, 4 cheap plugs fixed it all.

Heading out to Alum in a few to chill. If you see the Yamaha feel free to say what's up....

Just got back from Mountain Biking at Alum...it was busy as shit there @ 11:30am, can't imagine the chop-fest it is now.

Taking a nap then hitting O'Shaughnessy mid-afternoon. :)

You are in need of a tune. Replace all the plugs, check the cap and rotor and timing. It sounds like its getting fuel now so now check how the spark is. The wires could be bad to. I just got home from buckeye. It wasnt to bad out there. The boat is running alot better now. Seems like bad gas was also bogging it down alil. Now I am hitting almost 60 mph and its running alot smoother. Took out the baffles on the thru hall and now it sounds mean.